13 Years and 10,000 Posts Ago...

Garfield, If you come over to see Coats final night at Dension you should know there's a special seating section for DCPers with 10,000 posts :cool:

Two chairs under a tree, eh?

Yah, dem 'Coats know how to do it up right, don't ya' know...

:tounge2:

• Like 1

Congratulations! I, too stumbled across DCP about 13 years ago, when I was first introduced to this wonderful activity. I marched 03-06 and then took a bunch of years off from drum corps, then re-found the activity again in 2012 when I met my now wife. I forgot/lost my old account info, so this is my new one.

Here's to many more years and posts!

Edited by AlexLeeDrums

...I stumbled on this crazy internet place called Drum Corps Planet after finally throwing in the towel on the old RAMD threads and She Who Will Not Be Named.

After that, DCP became a growing, and growingly important, part of my primary and favorite hobby - this thing we do.

I've learned posting etiquette by forgetting everything I learned on RAMD, I've embarrassed myself foolishly and been forgiven, been chastised, laughed at and with, made new wonderful friends, and hopefully avoided making enemies.

I've learned more about important subjects like the finances of the activity and corps, and been amazed about informative subjects like the tone quality of different horns, the breathing practices of athlete musicians, and the practice habits of top drum lines. I've learned from other posters about judges and judging, I've made friends, and shared PM's, with corps directors and leaders of the activity. I've built a community of like-minded show sponsors with whom I share and receive tips on running a DCI tour show. My DCP presence has resulted in my being connected in different ways with the individual corps that have entertained me for years.

DCP has given me a place to share my drum corps passion with my family, and pass it on to my children.

There are others here with more posts than I and I respect the dedication to their passion. But I didn't want to waste my touchstone 10,000th post on anything other than expressing my thanks to Mr. Donovan for his hard and gratis work in building and maintaining this place to only satisfy his and our passion, and to his mods for their patience in allowing me to express myself.

And to the many "friends", both real and in-person as well as "alias" that I've come to know and share many, many fun and entertaining hours, I offer my great and humble thanks and gratitude. DCP has been a fabulous place for me to enhance my passion for "this thing we do".

Yours in the spirit of drum corps and what it does for us and for kids,

Garfield

Very glad you're a part of this

Here's what DCP looked like when Garfield stumbled upon it & we were on version 2.5, making quick changes:

https://web.archive.org/web/20030620012828/http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/