13 Years and 10,000 Posts Ago...

Oh, she is. Believe me, she is. That nun in the second one was an angel compared to SHWNBN.

So if I utter her name in the middle of an argument, which I now know, hehe, everyone will scatter off in terror right?

Also, I think DCP gets a bad rap. Sure there are the haters, trolls, nasty negative people, but if you look past that there are all sorts of incredibly knowledgeable, intelligent, cool people on here who just wanna talk about drum corps, you definitely being one of them.

I hate and am forever going to regret not having marched, so coming on here is the next best thing. Maybe I'll throw in my hat in the ring as a visual designer some day if this first gig gets me going.......but there is seriously no other place where you can go to have constant, dense, sometimes crazy and sometimes incredibly exciting, commentary and discussion about drum corps. I love it, a lot. It's become a summer ritual to get on here after a long day of work during a webcast or after an event to unload and talk to people about it that actually want to, because that's absolutely lacking in my personal friends. It's definitely where I feel at home discussing this stuff.

So here's to 10,000 more! I didn't realize I'm already at 6k after only 6 and a half years, I'm catchin up. :ninja:

• Like 3

I remember George emailing me in early 2002 to check out beta versions before it went live. i dont remember what member number the old screen name was, or how many posts I have, but I have made many great friends here ( some even attended my wedding), had way too much fun meeting people at DCA and DCI shows, and meeting viP's that have many times trusted me with inside scoop that never made it on the boards just to be safe.

ya done good George starting and John you've done well maintaining. I thank you both

• Like 1

There should be a show about that. :exclamation:

The Power of 104

• Like 1

I just realized I will hit my 10 year anniversary this Saturday too. Time flies.

I may not be a super-poster like some of you, but I want to take the moment to reiterate what some others have said. I too was a RAMD refugee and the community we have here means the world to me. I don't have a lot of close personal friends with whom I share my love for corps, and this is my outlet for that. I really appreciate all who share their thoughts and passion, the reviews, the analysis, the stories of back in the day. It helps keep the love for the activity fresh in my heart.

Here's to the next 10 years! :beer: ​

• Like 3

Two chairs under a tree, eh?

Yah, dem 'Coats know how to do it up right, don't ya' know...

:tounge2:

You just succeeded in bringing a bit of a lump to my throat, Gar. Those three words were how my dear Grampa Wild would end every sentence he spoke...and for some reason, always with a playful, yet self-satisfied glint in his eye. It made me realize that next year will be the 40th anniversary of his departure. I miss the old guy like you wouldn't believe...

Thanks for bringing me a wistful, yet wonderful moment of memory. And congratulations on your milestone.

Edited by HornTeacher

Is this post self-congratulatory or a cry for help?

Well, maybe a little of both, I guess. And it's been fun to see the similar comments come out.

Someone said to me once that "DCP is dying, and Facebook is taking its place..." That was three years ago. Because I joined FB just a couple of months ago I can't speak to drum corps discussion growth there but, based on comments here of what happens there, I suspect the cries for help originate over there.

FB, Twitter, & Instagram are all fine and good for following the corps and their daily activities but, for serious thoughtful discussion of the activity by posters who are either mostly vets or Dino-fans, IMO, there's no place like DCP. Those others don't even stack up.

Edited by garfield
  • Like 3

Well, maybe a little of both, I guess. And it's been fun to see the similar comments come out.

Someone said to me once that "DCP is dying, and Facebook is taking its place..." That was three years ago. Because I joined FB just a couple of months ago I can't speak to drum corps discussion growth there but, based on comments here of what happens there, I suspect the cries for help originate over there.

FB, Twitter, & Instagram are all fine and good for following the corps and their daily activities but, for serious thoughtful discussion of the activity by posters who are either mostly vets or Dino-fans, IMO, there's no place like DCP. Those others don't even stack up.

Facebook is primarily full of high school fangirls commenting on how rotund the butts are of the Crown drum majors and members.

There is no in-depth discussion that takes place there like you see here.

Facebook is primarily full of high school fangirls commenting on how rotund the butts are of the Crown drum majors and members.

There is no in-depth discussion that takes place there like you see here.

oh please, that's "so two weeks ago"

they are now fawning of the statue dude in Cadets production and his obvious talents lol

Oh she was the incentive and the catalyst. She also drove many from RAMD to here.

For me, it wasn't just her. It was all the other posts degrading her. She was crazeballs, but there were some who got really mean-spirited against her.