13 Years and 10,000 Posts Ago...

Well, maybe a little of both, I guess. And it's been fun to see the similar comments come out.

Someone said to me once that "DCP is dying, and Facebook is taking its place..." That was three years ago. Because I joined FB just a couple of months ago I can't speak to drum corps discussion growth there but, based on comments here of what happens there, I suspect the cries for help originate over there.

FB, Twitter, & Instagram are all fine and good for following the corps and their daily activities but, for serious thoughtful discussion of the activity by posters who are either mostly vets or Dino-fans, IMO, there's no place like DCP. Those others don't even stack up.

THE DCP Facebook lately is where those who bemoan the changes hang out

For me, it wasn't just her. It was all the other posts degrading her. She was crazeballs, but there were some who got really mean-spirited against her.

well she went to some extreme lengths to go after people, including calling employers

For me, it wasn't just her. It was all the other posts degrading her. She was crazeballs, but there were some who got really mean-spirited against her.

I agree. I sometimes got the feeling people behaved towards her like people in the 19th century used to tour insane asylums as part of their 'entertainment', or kids poking sticks at a bear in a cage to make it get riled up.

• Like 2

I've only posted 2,090 times ooops now 2,091 guess I don't say much ....:)

I'm bumping this because I just found it and also because I wanted to mention the 990s thread, which I'm convinced was read by every director and DCI mogul out there, and probably had an impact on the activity behind the scenes as well as on DCP. Yes it was all public information, but the power of information is largely in how it's collected and used. Well done.

The bullfighting thread was perhaps less influential :-) (then again, we'll see...), but in general all of your comments are either important or at least entertaining.