Intrigue In Indy

Same at the theater where we watched the show. The pit completely overpowered the corps. Like you said... not sure who was to blame here.

Yep, one set of castanets was louder than the hornline for BC. Unfortunate.

Congrats to Bluecoats on winning the first show of the season!

That being said, watch out: the corps below you may pass you once they clean up some of their dirt. However, I'd love for you to prove me wrong!

It is shaping up to be another competitive season of drum corps!

Bluecoats weren't exactly clean either. You didn't see the falls on Side 1 near the beginning of the show?

Crown was the cleanest visually. I love their show, but I was so hyped after watching Bluecoats that Crown's show felt flat.

That's incredibly hard to do, but that's my perception.

Bluecoats' show is state of the art!

• Like 1

This is a repeat of the previous two seasons for Cadets. Phenomenal drill, phenomenal playing, and a totally unnecessary and forgettable GE. Without a massive rewrite, there is no way Cadets can beat Crown or Coats, and you know BD is going to be right up there...and we haven't seen anything from Vanguard.

Cavaliers were crazy close to Cadets tonight, folks. Statues come to life vs. crowm's western and whatever the heck Bluecoats just did? I feel bad, honestly. Cadets looked totally behind the times, like to even people who know nothing about DCI. I am sorry but those guard uniforms for Cadets were embarrassing, but at least they lost the toga!

I am in total agreement with you on those Cadets guard unis. The folks at our theater were appalled. It looks like they came out of some dirty dishwater and could the make-up make the girls look any less attractive? I feel like the Cadets just try to see how many steps they can get packed into those minutes, without slowing down to enjoy the moment and create some beauty. I liked Crown's western, but it looked like they were marching two horn holes, which really surprises me. Bluecoats? Didn't seem like bloo at all. Unis are not flattering to anyone and the scratches on the slides distracted me. Just no.

• Like 1

Blue Coats won.

Mr. Boo to the pedantry phone. Paging Mr. Boo.

Edit: Never mind. I see he picked up the call already.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 1

I think Bluecoats' show is too far forward, which makes it not very appealing. There's a lack of structure which makes the audience lost and confused. That's my perception.

Visually a disaster.

They had to use a metronome during the first ballad. lol

Is that what that sound was? I noticed something jarring that sounded like a woodblock during the ballad. I wondered why on earth they would do that. Sounded pretty weird.

I think Bluecoats' show is too far forward, which makes it not very appealing. There's a lack of structure which makes the audience lost and confused. That's my perception.

BD has proven you don't have to have the (bulk of the) audience with you to win DCI. Bluecoats want to win and they're doing what it takes.

Bluecoats weren't exactly clean either. You didn't see the falls on Side 1 near the beginning of the show?

Actually, no, I did not. However, I was speaking more of a design vs execution standpoint, not so much on a who was cleaner or had the best drill on June 20something standpoint.

Not to take anything away from Bluecoats, because I was definitely WOWed by them, but I felt, after 1 viewing mind you, that they may be passed later on the season and not keep their place on top of all the other corps beneath team. That's all! :-)