Intrigue In Indy

Is this what we're doing tonight? Talking about highschool bands in DCI?

Why not? Some people like to insult certain drum corps by claiming that they've borrowed ideas from high school bands. But just as great composers have taken simple folk songs and turned them into magnificent symphonies, drum corps designers ought to be able to take high school marching band concepts and develop them into something much greater.

• Like 1

Why not? Some people like to insult certain drum corps by claiming that they've borrowed ideas from high school bands. But just as great composers have taken simple folk songs and turned them into magnificent symphonies, drum corps designers ought to be able to take high school marching band concepts and develop them into something much greater.

I think Dodger dogs are horrible. I don't get it. Sure it's tradition, but in reality I just want a warm pretzel and a cold beer. Call me old fashioned.

God this kid is spreading misinformation around. Yes, metronome was used, but it was turned on by accident.

Not that I doubt you, but how is the average person supposed to know that you're right and he's wrong?

There's no specific message. They're just examples of propaganda.

I hope you're wrong. Cadets' show last year would have been better if its theme were more than just "examples of the number 10", and Cavs' show, to me, seems to have more to say than just, "Here are some instances of propoganda", but it may take me a bit longer to articulate it.

I hope you're wrong. Cadets' show last year would have been better if its theme were more than just "examples of the number 10", and Cavs' show, to me, seems to have more to say than just, "Here are some instances of propoganda", but it may take me a bit longer to articulate it.

I'm sure it's not that shallow (they wouldn't be that shallow, would they?), but that's what I see right now.

I think Bluecoats' show is too far forward, which makes it not very appealing. There's a lack of structure which makes the audience lost and confused. That's my perception.

.... and it had the most and loudest applauses in my theater. A theater in a very conservative part of the country.

Not that I doubt you, but how is the average person supposed to know that you're right and he's wrong?

Sent you a PM

Well, without massive changes, I just don't see the Cadets passing Bluecoats or Crown. It's hard to know really whats going on, totally, because of the lack of caption breakdowns. But, Cadets were 3rd in music, and that's definitely their strong point. I don't think on the visual side that the Cadets show is any more demanding than Crown or Bluecoats. I do think Cadets definitely have the ability to win brass and percussion come finals, but after seeing all the top 5 from last year, I just don't see how they will finish higher than 5th (at best) in GE and all the visual captions, without some major rewrites.

Interesting Cadets were as close to Crown in GE with all that dirt.
  • Like 1

Actually, no, I did not. However, I was speaking more of a design vs execution standpoint, not so much on a who was cleaner or had the best drill on June 20something standpoint.

Not to take anything away from Bluecoats, because I was definitely WOWed by them, but I felt, after 1 viewing mind you, that they may be passed later on the season and not keep their place on top of all the other corps beneath team. That's all! :-)

Bluecoats.... Variety of demand in spades, and they have room to add more... including an ending. This show will compete for High Vis GE, VP and VA.

Crown.... Other than the very beginning, they live in front of the back hash. The design lacks variety in terms of staging. What they have going for them is an amazing guard, and the members have a lot of vocab. They will compete for High VP/Guard but a 4th GE Vis and Va is likely for them.... but a weaker Cadets might help a little and place them 3rd in the captions.

This is without me seeing SCV yet.

Edited by CloudHype

Cavs . . . actually seems more like the show is actually leftist propaganda itself. Probably designed by Bernie supporters.

Yeah, they even had one of their members quote Charlie Chaplin from his Hitler-mocking film--how ridiculous liberal is that! I demand equal time for Adolf.

• Like 2