DCI 2016 Tour Premier Theater Impressions and Thoughts

A quick comment on Cadets' use of electronics. I saw this live, and the electronics way overpowered that gorgeous horn line. Please, Cadets', dial it back. Why have that sublime horn line and brilliant drum line if they can't be heard over the sonic booms?

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

A quick comment on Cadets' use of electronics. I saw this live, and the electronics way overpowered that gorgeous horn line. Please, Cadets', dial it back. Why have that sublime horn line and brilliant drum line if they can't be heard over the sonic booms?

Definitley noticed that, wasn't sure if it was the theater, mic placement, or them.

Definitley noticed that, wasn't sure if it was the theater, mic placement, or them.

So sad to say, it was them.

RE: Boston, I agree with your mom about the props. In the opening set, they were stunning. When they moved to the center, they obscured the drill, especially when the battery moved through. Something to work on.

The guard stuff on the stage feels a little forced, it's like "HERE IS OUR GUARD THEY ARE BETTER PLEASE NOTICE THEM",

Sorry I choose this one quote from such a great detailed review but I died laughing at this! I feel I was thinking the same subconsciously

• Like 1

I've said each of the last 2 years that the Bluecoats have pushed the activity the most. Last year I called them Future Corps. I suspect I will revisit that this summer as well. In fairness, I have not seen the show yet. Should be able to Saturday night in Massillon, OH.

Hope you're taking mom to all the shows!

Great review.