Wahconah Park

105 Wahconah St, Pittsfield, MA

7:30 pm

Competing Corps:

Excelsior

Bushwhackers

Hurricanes

Sunrisers

Marched in Wahconah Park 3 times in 1962. (Pittsfield Cavaliers and Pittsfield Monarchs shows. Then the Hudson-Berkshire Circuit Championships) For the two regular season shows. They did not take out the Pitchers Mound. They did for the H-B Championships. Be prepared. It is a Round Baseball Stadium. (we also had no yard lines every 5 yards. Just Start, 50, Finnish, and sides. Made it a little harder on us competing.

BUT, the people up there are very nice, and they Know Drum Corps very well. ENJOY !!!

(Asbury Park (N.J.) Hurricanes at that time for me)

September 22 1962

Pittsfield MA -- Hudson Berkshire Circuit Championship -- STADIUM: Wahconah Park

Position Corps Score

1 Starlighters -------------- 84.750

2 Magnificent Yankees - 83.933

3 Pittsfield Cavaliers ----- 83.416

4 Pittsfield Momarchs --- 81.533

5 Asbury Park Hurricanes - 75.483

6 Continental Cadets ---- 71.116

7 Valiant Crusaders------- 69.283

8 St Josephs Islanders -- 67.100

9 Scarlet Raiders --------- 61.464

EXHIBITION Pittsfield Imperials

Edited by 2B or not 2B
  • Like 1

Funny side note ,this being a baseball stadium and this show co sponsored by the Sunrisers how fitting the name of the ball team that its home to is The SUNS.

• Like 1

Funny side note ,this being a baseball stadium and this show co sponsored by the Sunrisers how fitting the name of the ball team that its home to is The SUNS.

Did the Suns move there from Jacksonville? That is what the Baseball team in Jacksonville was called when I moved to Florida. There stadium is right next to the Gator Bowl. The stadium was a V like deal. The VFW States were held there many times.

Oh well I hope all who attend the Pittsfield show ENJOY themselves. As I said already. Nice Place. Nice People and Good Corps make for a Great Time !!!

Edited by 2B or not 2B

I see Sunrisers are staying over in Pittsfield to do there 4th of July parade .When this was a DCI show all the corps stayed over and did the parade .I see Springfield Marksmen are doing the parade .

no the Suns are still here in Jacksonville ,must be another league.

• Like 1

I see Sunrisers are staying over in Pittsfield to do there 4th of July parade .When this was a DCI show all the corps stayed over and did the parade .I see Springfield Marksmen are doing the parade .

Wow... I didn't know the Marksmen were still around.

I remember seeing them (as an alumni corps) at the Harrisburg Forum indoor show a couple of times, 1990s-early 2000s or so..... but not since.

• Like 2

Wow... I didn't know the Marksmen were still around.

I remember seeing them (as an alumni corps) at the Harrisburg Forum indoor show a couple of times, 1990s-early 2000s or so..... but not since.

Sunrisers and Marksmen have a pretty good history going back to,the days of the North Eastern

Scores shoud be out around 9pm

Edited by Florida Sun

having marched on that field, i hope they took the mound out

having marched on that field, i hope they took the mound out

"Don't look at your feet; the ground will always be there." Yeah, that did not apply to this field or the old Scranton field! :)