Feelin' Fresno!

Oh my God you're right! I'm so sorry and on behalf of BK, I apologize for them not getting their entire program on the field. get a grip man, if you don't like it, go watch someone else's show - or better yet, go March somewhere and put yourself in their shoes instead of ######## on a message board.

If you PAY to see a Movie and it is not finished. You would want your money back. ALL Corps know well ahead of time when the first show is. All have enough time . Some choose to use that time differently. It is not fair to fans . Leave some of the production out so you have more time to add the whole show. LIKE EVERY OTHER CORPS.

Edited by 777hornman

:tounge2: If you PAY to see a Movie and it is not finished. You would want your money back. ALL Corps know well ahead of time when the first show is. All have enough time . Some choose to use that time differently. It is not fair to fans . Leave some of the production out so you have more time to add the whole show. LIKE EVERY OTHER CORPS.

Are you drunk? LOL. :tounge2: Haha. you edited when I was editing this post. Your first typing of your post was funny.

Edited by henry7184

So you're saying that BK doesn't work their butts off like everybody else? They don't want to put 11 minutes of crap on the field only to have to make tons on changes around regional time, which PLENTY of groups do. Be patient, the end result will be great.

No that is that the point. Most corps each all music in the winter. DRILL in spring training, then add all the production,body , poses.et....after drill is finished so we as paying fans get to to see at least the whole program. minus some early season production. Not add all that stuff to the first half and not even do the drill or play the music on the second half. not right.

I think there should be timing requirements for everyone. That's all. If it's under 8 and over 10, whatever, as long as there are rules. It's not fair to judge a 7 minute show against a 10 minute show. I felt the same about my beloved SCV in 2007 when they were beating BD early season.

I have grumbled a little bit about Open Class corps not being marked down for short shows at World Class Prelims in August, which I believe has actually kept at least one World Class corps from advancing to Semifinals when they should have. See here and here for more on that subject.

Starting with the first regional, I believe (and welcome correction if I'm wrong), World Class shows are supposed to be not less than 10 min. and not more than 11 min. 30 sec. (Minimum time for Open Class is 8 min. 30 sec. Meanwhile, in the marching band world, the window is generally 7 min. to 11 min., meaning that some bands have shows that are more than 30% shorter than others, without penalty--although I think some judges will feel that if two shows are otherwise equal, that the one with more content should be ranked higher.)

Over in DCA Prelims last year, Carolina Gold was penalized for being four seconds under time.

And weren't Crossmen penalized in last year's DCI Semifinals for a timing issue? (But maybe that was for going over due to a technology-driven delay? Can't remember anymore.)

But that's late season. I thought in DCI there was in fact a penalty even for early season World Class shows if they were below a certain length, like 7 or 8 minutes. But even most incomplete shows can meet that requirement.

I have grumbled a little bit about Open Class corps not being marked down for short shows at World Class Prelims in August, which I believe has actually kept at least one World Class corps from advancing to Semifinals when they should have. See here and here for more on that subject.

Starting with the first regional, I believe (and welcome correction if I'm wrong), World Class shows are supposed to be not less than 10 min. and not more than 11 min. 30 sec. (Minimum time for Open Class is 8 min. 30 sec. Meanwhile, in the marching band world, the window is generally 7 min. to 11 min., meaning that some bands have shows that are more than 30% shorter than others, without penalty--although I think some judges will feel that if two shows are otherwise equal, that the one with more content should be ranked higher.)

Over in DCA Prelims last year, Carolina Gold was penalized for being four seconds under time.

And weren't Crossmen penalized in last year's DCI Semifinals for a timing issue? (But maybe that was for going over due to a technology-driven delay? Can't remember anymore.)

But that's late season. I thought in DCI there was in fact a penalty even for early season World Class shows if they were below a certain length, like 7 or 8 minutes. But even most incomplete shows can meet that requirement.

If it really bothers you that much get someone to sponsor a rules change.

http://dci271.dci.org/rules/rules_change.cfm

you can't really believe that BK are just lazing around in the field while everyone else is working hard...

I don't think anyone said they were lazing around. The point is, there's little excuse to not field a complete show when everyone else did....with the same amount of time to prepare. It's on the staff.

• Like 1

I don't think anyone said they were lazing around. The point is, there's little excuse to not field a complete show when everyone else did....with the same amount of time to prepare. It's on the staff.

For all those who haven't seen the Blue Knights show, they are doing a lot of difficult choreography, that nowhere near as easy as marching...it requires an intense amount of emotion and dancing skills that other corps don't have to learn, but the end product will be soooo worth it

I don't know who Mark is, but if he is BK's director and wants to talk he can reach me on here and I'd be happy to talk to him and tell him how lame it is.

You're clearly just as immature as you were in the Cadets thread. Haven't learned a thing.

• Like 1