Big week-end coming up

Dan made me chuckle- Even though it's only like 15 to 20 miles South of the Mason-Dixon line, Ijamsville is South of it. :laugh:

Balmer is like... 45 minutes to an hour away from Urbana via I-270 to I-370. Not a bad run but the show really isn't near the Balmer metro area. :wink:

One more thing, the right person will know what I mean- I have the stuff for Saturday, 14 dozen of them. :wink:

• Like 1

Balmer is like... 45 minutes to an hour away from Urbana via I-270 to I-370. Not a bad run but the show really isn't near the Balmer metro area. :wink:

I hear ya.... I worked in Frederick... at a local radio station... when I first moved to MD in 1991.

Took me a hour each way. Urbana is shy of that by 5-10 minutes.

Slight correction.... to get to the show site from Baltimore, I-70 is the main route. (U.S. Rte. 40 is a good alternate if there is a problem on the interstate.)

I-270 brings you there from the DC suburbs in Maryland.

Edited by Fran Haring

Some useless "fun fact" trivia...

Baltimore is the eastern terminus of Interstate 70. The highway ends at a park-and-ride lot.

The western terminus? Cove Fort, Utah.

Not sure if there's a park-and-ride on that end. LOL

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

Have used the park and ride to meet with friends and then head into Harborplace from there. Saves on parking costs.

Unsure of I want to run down to I-270 from Harrisburg and up, or I-70 and down. I'll have to look closely at the map.

The weak or non existent road signage up to Lehman posed some issues for some of us who drove in, but luckily I had the lay of the land well enough to fake a lot of it. Hopefully that won't be the case for Saturday!

Edited by BigW

Technically, this is a western show.

As in western Maryland. LOL

Nitpicking, perhaps... but saying this is a "Baltimore show" is like saying Clifton is a "Long Island show." :tongue:

New Joisey should be so lucky.

• Like 1

Brig

New Joisey should be so lucky.

Hey I resemble that remark. Although most people do not notice it. New Jersey is a peninsula. I was 16 years old before I found out you did not have to PAY to go into another STATE.

(South Delaware Bay/River - To Delaware - Toll Bridge, Toll Ferries. Or to West - Delaware River - To Pennsylvania - Toll Bridge's. Or to East Hudson Rive - New York City - Toll Bridge and Toll Tunnels, Only if you go straight North is it free.)

Edited by 2B or not 2B

The Frederick, MD, area has grown quite a bit since I worked there in the early '90s. The city of Frederick is a cool town... lots of stuff to do, all sorts of restaurants and shopping.

To some degree, it's become a bedroom community for the Washington, DC metro area.

The weekday rush-hour commute to and from DC from there on I-270 is not for the faint of heart. LOL.

But on Saturdays.... not bad at all. Very scenic in that part of Maryland.

Unsure of I want to run down to I-270 from Harrisburg and up, or I-70 and down. I'll have to look closely at the map.

15 to Frederick to 270 is much much quicker, by about 30 minutes usually. The school is right off of 270 on Rte 80 (Fingerboard Rd). It's less than a mile from the exit and you can't miss it. If you come off 70, there's a lot more turns to get to Rte 80

See everyone there this weekend

• Like 1

If you get there early, head over to Barley & Hopps Brewpub. My good buddy is a brewer there and they've got amazing summer beverages on tap. Get the chorizo burger.

• Like 2