Big week-end coming up

Scores where rather high so early in the seasons .

Everything's relative. LOL.

Overall, a very good night for the DCA corps. The preparation level of the corps, for this time of the summer, ranged from OK, to pretty good, to "wow." Some corps were in mid-season form already. More than usual, actually.

I'm sure W will have more detailed observations in his review....compared to mine, at least. I'm just your average knuckle-dragger. :tongue:

But again, a good night. And I wish I could bring that PA system with me everywhere. LOL

It's so hard to really judge from just a feed looking straight on from the 50. I'm hoping someone did some filming from a higher angle so I can really appreciate the drill of the top 4 corps. When you're looking straight in, everything seems a little "chunky." Some really pretty moments from all the corps. Fusions guard was outstanding as was the brass from the Bucs and C2. CV and that battery and front ensemble....wow. Nice soloists from all the corps. Overall, even on a live feed from the crowd, a great show for all the ensembles involved.

A few quick notes from MD show The crowd was pretty large from the ticket map there were 4 section of 300 seats each and it seemed to be full so I would say about 1000 or so and the stands completely full once other corps performed and came back as spectators

. I don't think anyone will challenge the judges winning call for the Bucs they were ready and came out strong. However should they slack a little CV and Fusion are right on their heels and could easily pass them. C2 and Carolina Gold did not have their shows ready Gold's penalties are probably for that (Not long enough), C2 guard had not completed their show so what their final product will look like is still a mystery to me. My brother in law who was at his first Drum Corps show liked White Sabers the best I thought they had a good show, but I think their smaller number of marchers held them back. Sky showed improvement over last year and may have a legit shot at top 10 this year. The weather was great announcer was good everyone seemed to enjoy the show. The Strangest thing that I heard was speaking to someone about Carolina Golds sleeveless uniforms and being told that they could not afford uniforms with sleeves and they when they got some money they would add sleeves I don't know if that is true, but it is a good story.

Except for Fusion, scores dropped a little from last week.

Regarding the Carolina Gold uniforms, these are jackets that were first used for the Carolina Gold Winds group this spring in WGI, and are now being used with the drum corps.

I think all will notice the trend towards 'non-traditional' uniforms across the entire activity, and this is just another example of that.

Also, for a corps who usually suits up and performs in the sunshine instead of later on under the lights, and does most of it's shows in the south, it's a much physically cooler experience for the members. We have a perfectly good set of those hanging on the rack that we may use again one day.

• Like 1