No Detailed Recaps

I think Open Class is because people arent really sure how to judge them on the world class sheets

You're probably right, but if so, then DCI may not be training their judges well, since the two classes should no longer be treated any differently.*

For the previous two seasons, and for this season, O.C. corps have been judged on the same scale as W.C. corps. So in 2013, the best O.C. corps got 94.35 at O.C. Finals before falling to 77.70 in W.C. Semifinals. But then in 2014, the best O.C. corps got 82.65 at O.C. Finals and hardly dropped at all in W.C. Semifinals, earning 82.325.

*Except by the T&P judge, when those rules are in effect.

You're probably right, but if so, then DCI may not be training their judges well, since the two classes should no longer be treated any differently.*

For the previous two seasons, and for this season, O.C. corps have been judged on the same scale as W.C. corps. So in 2013, the best O.C. corps got 94.35 at O.C. Finals before falling to 77.70 in W.C. Semifinals. But then in 2014, the best O.C. corps got 82.65 at O.C. Finals and hardly dropped at all in W.C. Semifinals, earning 82.325.

you cant train tolerance. it has to be felt

• Like 1

Conversation is now a moot point.

Yeah pretty much...now replaced by rumors, innuendo and conspiracy theories. I really don't see what the logic was behind the recap move. Not a positive move, accomplishes nothing. In fact, if there is something rogue that happens, and you know who is in the visual/GE/music judge groups, then the judges that *aren't* the one involved in the out of line decision are now implicated by association. You can't tell who did what, so all of a sudden you're on the hook (in the court of DCP opinion) for what someone else did? "Who was the marketing wizard that came with THAT?"

you used those two words in the same sentence? :tic:

I love how people on here pretend that any meaningful analysis was actually being done when recaps were available.

All it did was give a more concrete object for people to create conjecture, judging conspiracies, etc

I love how people on here pretend that any meaningful analysis was actually being done when recaps were available.

All it did was give a more concrete object for people to create conjecture, judging conspiracies, etc

Well myself and another former judging cohort were having a field day with the info. Point taken, there are always people dowsing consipiracies and such. For me, it's still best practice to keep as much as possible out front.

In watching the scores since 1978, I told DCI that the main problem with this change is their customer was not consulted. The fans. (The ones paying for tickets to the events) THE CUSTOMER

I understand the corps choosing to do something like this to try it.

But, I would have sat in the meeting at laughed at them. Now the reason it's key is that DCI has lost a lot of cache w law over copyrights and a connection to fans already. They had to take down Fan Network. Up till this past weekend you couldn't get downloads anymore, just CD's. (one step from ordering cassettes from Ken Kobold like I did for years)

They had stepped backwards.

Then this. Another takeway for their customers. It wasn't thought out well.

Edited by TripleForteGuy

In watching the scores since 1978, I told DCI that the main problem with this change is their customer was not consulted. The fans. (The ones paying for tickets to the events) THE CUSTOMER

I understand the corps choosing to do something like this to try it.

But, I would have sat in the meeting at laughed at them. Now the reason it's key is that DCI has lost a lot of cache w law over copyrights and a connection to fans already. They had to take down Fan Network. Up till this past weekend you couldn't get downloads anymore, just CD's. (one step from ordering cassettes from Ken Kobold like I did for years)

They had stepped backwards.

Then this. Another takeway for their customers. It wasn't thought out well.

the kids marching are the customer

we are just the fans

• Like 1

the kids marching are the customer

we are just the fans

Both are the customer. If fans aren't a customer why do they have shows?

• Like 1