American Tradition in Allentown (June 30 2016)

It's odd to me that this is ever a problem anymore. Seven years of many, many people observing this and corps still have trouble getting it right, especially early in the season. Rule of thumb ought to be: we need to turn down the electronics volume.

The Cadets just changed a LARGE amount of their closer. So it's understandable that out of all segments of the show the closer was the segment that had balances a little off tonight. Everyone who knows will tell you balancing a pit is much more than just "turning it down" And the process takes more than just 2 days to get right.

Bluecoats 74.750

Guard is only worth ten points, right? From what I've seen so far there are a lot of great guards this year. Crown, Phantom, Cavies, BD, Bluecoats. I don't think there is that big of a gap (if any) between BD and the others to make a big difference.

Guard is only worth ten points, right? From what I've seen so far there are a lot of great guards this year. Crown, Phantom, Cavies, BD, Bluecoats. I don't think there is that big of a gap (if any) between BD and the others to make a big difference.

Guard permeates all the visual captions and the visual GE captions, so it's really a lot more contribution than that.

What jjeffeory said. Apart from the fact that BD was won the past... I've lost count, 7, 8? Zingali awards, guard has become one of the most important captions in DCI. Not only is it huge in GE, it also contributes to the visual analysis score as well.

• Like 1

So basically scores look like this for tonight:

74.75-Bluecoats

72.4-Cadets

69.1-Phantom

65.6-Crossmen

64.55-Boston

54.3-Surf