Favorite BD uniforms since 1994?

1994 style unis. The last few years the uniforms have been so busy.. with different colored sleeves, two foot plumes and strips of cloth (that look like what cleans your car at an automatic car wash) hanging off of their hips. I don't know what's wrong with a sleek, stylish uniform, instead of one that looks like a "Dr. Frankenstein designs band uniforms" challenge on Project Runway. But, whatever. If the staff likes them and the members like wearing them that's all that matters.

I love the huge plumes. Very aesthetically pleasing. I agree that the past two years (2016 and 2015) have had some very busy uniforms but I find 2014, 2011, and 2009 to be very sleek looking uniforms.

• Like 1

1994-2014 - no comparison. I liked their previous uniforms even better. They are barely recognizable as the Blue Devils now. Blue peacocks maybe.

Ink definitely loved the vibrant color! But I love color. The more the better. Biggest thing I like about Bloo this year. The ramps combined with the uniforms are genius.

Edited by cadet93

I have to say, though, I very much liked the 2014 Felliniesque corps jackets. When I think Blue Devils uniforms, I think "formal" and "dinner club." The vests on those jackets kind of channel that vibe. That's the look they've cultivated since the 70's - even the 94 jackets are a stylized version of the old open jackets - the "A" cutaway is just lowered and slightly rotated.

Mike