Multifarious Muncie -- Muncie IN 01 July 2016

I love listening to this crowd lose it to everyone every year. That has to be a freakin blast to perform in front of.

They have this inconjunction with Music for All Summer Symposium Band Camp week at Ball State so you have about 1800 band kids in attendance and they love it!!

• Like 1

Liking the Colts so far!

• Like 1

I feel like design wise the Colts have taken a huge step forward musically design wise, and a step backwards visually design wise. Drill isn't bad, but those boxes didn't do anything at all, at least it wasn't apparent on the cast. The idea sounds cool, but I don't see that projecting at all unless it is pitch black, ESPECIALLY up top. That does not constitute them taking up space and are incredibly distracting when they move. Those things could go completely and you wouldn't even notice because the drill never actually really interacts with them.

I could listen to this show all day though. The brass is continuing to grow big time, and the guard is as good as ever. Percussion is still a step below their competitive peers, but not bad.

I absolutely love the modern take on New Moon in the Old Moons arms! Haha, that is a ton of fun!

So I really like this show........except for the props. Those could disappear completely and I wouldn't care or notice it at all.

I do think they lost a bit of the character they had the last two years, but musically it's really refreshing. Don't know if I see this pushing them into finals, but it's a really nice show sans the props.

I will put it this way. If the show was as well put together visually as it was musically I would definitely see them challenging for a finals spot.

• Like 1

Wow....they can play !!!

• Like 2

Man is it just me or is EVERYONE sounding wonderful this year? To see the quality of musicians going up so much all around the activity is so much fun to watch! This is shaping up to be another year where all of the corps down to pioneer and all through open class are going to be an absolute pleasure to watch.

Edited by DasTuba
  • Like 4

Loved the Colt's show! Can we give it a rest about the boxes already....They've only done a few shows and it isn't dark in the stadium. The boxes have more in store for them, I am sure. Does nobody remember the 15 boxes that did nothing but divide the field for the Cadets 2013 show? Oh ya, I forgot...it is one of the top corps so it doesn't matter....Geez!

Colts music was awesome, really enjoyed it. The boxes were a mystery though, what were they supposed to represent? They looked like giant white toasters to me. Anyway, a very enjoyable show musically and the brass sounded great!

Loved the Colt's show! Can we give it a rest about the boxes already....They've only done a few shows and it isn't dark in the stadium. The boxes have more in store for them, I am sure. Does nobody remember the 15 boxes that did nothing but divide the field for the Cadets 2013 show? Oh ya, I forgot...it is one of the top corps so it doesn't matter....Geez!

LOL you obviously were not around on here in 2013 or don't remember. That was one of the most scolded things on here in awhile.

If I don't like it, I'm gonna say it. I raved about everything else, sorry everything wasn't perfect.

Colts really impressed me! Great traditional Drum Corps.