American Tradition II: Clifton (June 30, 2016)

I think the clear implication is they cheated. It just seems a little suspicious that a corps called Surf wins a show as a result of a large quantity of water being dumped on its competitors.

It would have really looked suspicious last year when "Wipe Out" was part of their musical book.

• Like 1

There's a difference between sprinklers, rain, and a thunderstorm. The Bluecoats Snapchat had lightening in the background, so it's safe to say it was unsafe for the corps to perform. I know I sure as **** wouldn't want to pack a Contra on my shoulders with lightening all around. Just saying. Lol.

The crowds mostly waited out the storm under the stands, and as the lightning was rolling through heavily, there was one crack that sounded like it could have actually touched down in, or just outside, the stadium, and everyone was looking around to see what it actually hit, but we couldn't tell. The Cadets made the right call. Even after the worst of the lightning, downpours and hail were over, the rain would stop, but then start up again, and there was always thunder not too far off. It was regrettable, but the early stop after Surf, then then cancellation, were the correct call.

My wife and I were at Clifton last night.

What didn't make sense was delaying the start of the show.

The first batch of rain ended around 5:30.

This was consistent with what the weather radar was showing.

The radar also showed the skies clear after that.

Synthetic turf can be "played" on in less then 30 minutes.

I'm not saying they would have gotten in the full show, but knowing the forecast, had they started on time and skipped INT, they could have gotten in 2- 3 corps before the second batch of storms showed up.

Edited by rpbobcat

The crowds mostly waited out the storm under the stands, and as the lightning was rolling through heavily, there was one crack that sounded like it could have actually touched down in, or just outside, the stadium, and everyone was looking around to see what it actually hit, but we couldn't tell.

It hit one of the light poles at the back side of the stadium, that's why it was so loud. I was in the crowd near the men's room and a lot of people screamed. We thought it hit a transformer, but then the power didn't go out.