East Coast Classic Chestnut Hill BC.

Folks, I'm a huge fan of this entire activity...But I believe in calling things what they are. As far as the Cadets closing the gap tonight? That's nothing but a healthy dose of east coast sympathy/preference from the judges. It's a shame too because those kids in the Cadets are extremely talented and they're working their tails off! But their show is a giant turd. And the show designers are to blame for that...and shame on them. Congrats to them winning high percussion tonight...Well deserved!

FLAME AWAY . But I agree.

Surf good showing for second show .

Myscore 56

Boston . If theycare a 65 Crossemen are a 69. Not even close.

Those props are killing them . Large props belong in the back of the field. Muddled drill ,bad arrangements. Good performances by members. but terrible design . guard invisible.

Myscore 65

Crossmen. Better Performance . Good show , Great music , Great guard

MyScore 69

Phantom . Nice to see a wide open drill with room to breath. Great use of BLACK, WHITE , RED . SIMPLE AND EFFECTIVE. Great guard.

Cadets. Great performances of a bad show. Bad drill , Bad musical arrangements. A shame to waste such good performers. Guard still bad.

Myscore 73

Bluecoats. innovative , fresh , unique . great

Myscore 76

• Like 1

The last thing I will say is this:

I don't represent the Bluecoats, and I dont represent any other fans. Right or wrong, my comments should only represent me! In hindsight, I regret making the post. It was never meant to attack the kids or the organization...strictly the design of the show.

• Like 1

[Phantom's] pit is a bit loud, but live in person it's way better than what we get online. Mic placement is horrific and DCI needs to place their mics in the stands, top center left and right.

I dunno. The performance I saw live at Massillon seemed equally as flawed in that respect as the performances I saw online from Indianapolis and tonight.

And what's more: in all three cases, the synth was used much more lightly in Young Person's Guide than in the rest of the show.

• Like 1

The last thing I will say is this:

I don't represent the Bluecoats, and I dont represent any other fans. Right or wrong, my comments should only represent me! In hindsight, I regret making the post. It was never meant to attack the kids or the organization...strictly the design of the show.

It happens man. Sometimes we all say things in the heat of the moment. I know I'm bad about it too. Good Luck to your corps this season!

• Like 1

Hmmm. Nice bunch in Canton.😳

Yes because it is the KIDS making these posts. These KIDS are the ones spewing hate and putting down other programs. So let's be sure to lump these KIDS with the mean posters. Idiot.

I know for a fact current members have a wide range of friends in a wife range of corps and they are all incredibly sweet and supportive of each other no matter the numbers. You are free to dislike whomever you wish on this forum but don't you DARE speak poor of that organization or its members because of some renegade fans who don't even work there.

• Like 2

I watched everything on hi-cam, which meant I missed a lot of details but at least got the overall picture. Having now seen the Cadets' performance on multi-cam, I have to say it makes the show a lot less intelligible. Way too many close-ups of the violin soloist, and of elements on the left side of the field generally. From up top, I couldn't always follow the meaning of what was going on, but I could at least see what was going on. For instance, in the ballad, there's one statue still in white, who is apparently unhappy about his condition, and is eventually taken in by the others and transformed. I hoped the multi-cam might make it more clear what was going, but the camera never shows it at all.

(And of course, Cadets' show includes a tremendous amount of cool drill, a fair bit of which you can't see on the multi-cam view.)

Well, since I counted and timed corps in the previous two webcasts, I may as well put down the numbers for this one too:

Muchachos

26 performing members (12 brass, 5 battery [3/1/1], 4 pit, 5 guard) + 3 honor guard

Show length: 10 min. 10 sec.

Crusaders Senior

73 performing members (45 brass, 18 battery [10/0/4/4], 0 pit, 10 guard) + 8 honor guard

Show length: 14 min. 14 sec.

7th Regiment

102 members (48 brass, 24 battery [9/5/5/5], 13 pit, 17 guard)

Show length: 9 min. 37 sec.

Spartans

103 members (51 brass, 17 battery [8/4/5], 14 pit, 21 guard)

Show length: 10 min. 41 sec.

Jersey Surf

126 members (66 brass, 23 battery [9/5/5/4], 11 pit, 26 guard)

Show length: 10 min. 39 sec.

Crossmen

142 members (74 brass, 21 battery [9/3/5/4], 12 pit, 35 guard)

Show length: 10 min. 16 sec.

Boston Crusaders

144 members (76 brass, 18 battery [9/4/5], 14 pit, 36 guard)

Show length: 10 min. 56 sec.

Phantom Regiment

143 members (77 brass, 17 battery [8/5/4], 13 pit, 36 guard)

Show length: 10 min. 13 sec. + 39 sec. performed preshow

Cadets

142 members (73 brass [includes stationary soloist], 19 battery [9/5/5], 17 pit [includes violin], 33 guard [includes god])

Show length: 11 min. 27 sec. + 1 min. 18 sec. preshow

Bluecoats

145 members (78 brass, 18 battery [9/4/5], 11 pit, 38 guard)

Show length: 10 min. 45 sec.

It's always a toss-up as to which I should watch. I feel like you miss out with both formats. Wish I could see both.

i prefer hi cam early in the season because the cameramen for multi don't really seem to know what to focus on with multi until later mid july or so.

by the time it gets to finals, i go back and forth with multi and hi cam, depending on the corps.

i prefer hi cam early in the season because the cameramen for multi don't really seem to know what to focus on with multi until later mid july or so.

by the time it gets to finals, i go back and forth with multi and hi cam, depending on the corps.

That's what I would generally do as well, though the multicam seems pretty good this year already.