Beanpot Invitational - Lynn, MA July 3rd

If you are comparing scores from another show, do I have your permission to put you on the Carolina Crown Stagecoach ?

Nahhhhh...just go ahead and shoot me before you even stick me up there.

. And yes, I DO know that it's folly to compare two shows 1300 miles apart. Still...the scores are in the same neighborhood. That's all I"m saying.

Edited by HornTeacher

Nope... because their shot won't go into the net. Same with Northeastern most years. BU or BC win the Beanpot Trophy most years. The others only rarely win it when the ice melts too fast on the ice in combination with a full moon.

http://www.beanpothockey.com/results.html

http://www.bu.edu/today/2016/beanpot-tournament-championship-2016/

Crossmen just wrapped up. Feels like they got more of a response than the hometown corps. Now on break.

I agree that Boston Crussders got a somewhat tepid response tonight, but Beanpot is not a Boston Crusaders sponsored show and Boston area fans have close ties to Cadets who got a huge response as did Crossmen, who traditionally also had close ties to quite a few BAC folks as well as 27th.

Nahhhhh...just go ahead and shoot me before you even stick me up there.

. And yes, I DO know that it's folly to compare two shows 1300 miles apart. Still...the scores are in the same neighborhood. That's all I"m saying.

Oh, I'm just foolin around. Of course the Troopers havev a shot at making finals. I like their show. Like Boston's, its a bit muddled in the middle, but it has Top 12 cred in it, imo.

By the way, its after 8pm and Granny Smith has had her nitecap, and probably tucked in by now at the Sunnybrook Assisted Living facility, but assuming she still has a pulse tomorrow morning and comes down to breakfast, she'll be happy to know that the Troopers got a nice 4 point bump tonite while she was fast asleep.

• Like 2

By the way, its after 8pm and Granny Smith has had her nitecap, and probably tucked in by now at the Sunnybrook Assisted Living facility, but assuming she still has a pulse tomorrow morning and comes down to breakfast, she'll be happy to know that the Troopers got a nice 4 point bump tonite while she was fast asleep.

Maybe Granny Smith received her own bump after her night cap. She'll definitely have a pulse, but might sleep in.

I agree that Boston Crussders got a somewhat tepid response tonight, but Beanpot is not a Boston Crusaders sponsored show and Boston area fans have close ties to Cadets who got a huge response as did Crossmen, who traditionally also had close ties to quite a few BAC folks as well as 27th.

Exactly. Massachusetts used to have more marchers in Carolina Crown than the Boston Crusaders ever did too. And if it wasn't for the Univ. of Mississippi Marching Rebels in the early 80's, they'd be nobody cheering on this Allentown Pa. based Drum Corps in Allentown, in Lynn, in Boston, etc.. or for that matter, anywhere else either. And the numbers of marchers of Phantom Regiment each season that are from " Rockford, IL.", we could fit into a Crown stagecoach. Plus, the numbers of former alums of Corps in the Boston region that are understandably jealous that the Boston Crusaders is still out there in competition, and still successful at it, is many. Over 100 Corps alone were once in the state of Massachusetts. These Corps were once bitter rivals with the Boston Crusaders, and some of them were in a handful of Corps where they had many years when they'd kick Boston's behind for those many years when Boston was competitively down and on thin ice as an organization too. But their Corps are all gone and no more now, and so to expect many of them to cheer on the Boston Crusaders... no matter their show..... is like asking some of them if they'd like us to have their house torched and burned down. Despite this, Boston still generally gets a good response most years in Boston area shows, and my guess Boston will get a very good audience response in the state of Florida this month for Boston's 3 show performances there in this state too.

Edited by BRASSO

if people get this reference ill be happy

c60e189687ff2e001cdaa1b61ed81a91.jpg

Brawndo: the Thirst Mutilator! It's got what plants crave!

Actually, drill wise, they usually are. This year, perhaps the staging is catching up with the big boys.

Three years ago, SCV was 0.1 pt. from medaling and only 1.45 pts. behind first place.

• Like 1

Three years ago, SCV was 0.1 pt. from medaling and only 1.45 pts. behind first place.

I know, it was extremely tight.