I agree it's not likely, but if a corps, over four years, can place 12th -- 11th -- 11th -- 17th, it's not out of the question for the same corps, over three years, to place 17th -- 18th -- 12th.

Also, Academy was beat by an Open Class corps just two years ago, and many people are pulling for them to make Finals this year.

I don't think Academy has every had any open class group beat them before in semi-finals.

I don't think Academy has every had any open class group beat them before in semi-finals.

See flammaster's post just before yours.

In the 2014 Semifinals, Blue Devils B was 15th with 82.325 and Academy was 16th with 81.875.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

Having been at the RCC show seeing BD live yesterday, I still think Carolina Crown and Bluecoats have a slightly superior show than BD. Don't get me wrong about what Blue Devils are putting out this season. This show is amazing and I think IMHO what is influencing the hype for them is the fact that this is by far the most approachable show in quite a while so more are buying into their show. I am. Though I loved the Rite of Spring show in 2013.

BD's hornline and guard is ridiculous and the drumline relatively speaking to the other sections is the weak point, but as always will be in contention for the Sanford Trophy at season's end. That said, I don't think BD is going undefeated like some have mention in DCP. Crown and Coats have strong shows and I think this will be a 3 horse race. It will be fun season. I can't wait to see them at Massillon in August.

Having been at the RCC show seeing BD live yesterday, I still think Carolina Crown and Bluecoats have a slightly superior show than BD. Don't get me wrong about what Blue Devils are putting out this season. This show is amazing and I think IMHO what is influencing the hype for them is the fact that this is by far the most approachable show in quite a while so more are buying into their show. I am. Though I loved the Rite of Spring show in 2013.

BD's hornline and guard is ridiculous and the drumline relatively speaking to the other sections is the weak point, but as always will be in contention for the Sanford Trophy at season's end. That said, I don't think BD is going undefeated like some have mention in DCP. Crown and Coats have strong shows and I think this will be a 3 horse race. It will be fun season. I can't wait to see them at Massillon in August.

I agree with you that BD will not go undefeated. No one will. I have BD losing the first matchup of the year against Coats/Cadets/Crown July 17th at the TOC in Dekalb since they are performing 2nd out of the 9 corps performing that evening. And a loss is good. Keeps them motivated and grounded. But in the end i think BD will win it all.

I agree with you that BD will not go undefeated. No one will. I have BD losing the first matchup of the year against Coats/Cadets/Crown July 17th at the TOC in Dekalb since they are performing 2nd out of the 9 corps performing that evening. And a loss is good. Keeps them motivated and grounded. But in the end i think BD will win it all.

They were so good, but I'm still not sure.

They won over my group for this year though. That hornline was so balance and uniform it was scary. Like Crown uniform.

They've made show changes all for the better.

I'm torn though; all three corps ( Bloo, Blue, and Crown) are so good.

• Like 2

They were so good, but I'm still not sure.

They won over my group for this year though. That hornline was so balance and uniform it was scary. Like Crown uniform.

They've made show changes all for the better.

I'm torn though; all three corps ( Bloo, Blue, and Crown) are so good.

Its gonna be one helluva battle when the big dawgs start going head to head. I am predicting a different winner at each regional. What keeps BD slightly ahead is they don't have any weaknesses like last year.

I am confused........as DCI's schedule shows them stepping off 1st out of 8 corps performing. Where are you getting your info?

I am confused........as DCI's schedule shows them stepping off 1st out of 8 corps performing. Where are you getting your info?

Fromthepressbox2.com has Pacific Crest stepping off first than BD. Unless they made a mistake?

Fromthepressbox2.com has Pacific Crest stepping off first than BD. Unless they made a mistake?

That's odd. Hard to see PC fitting into a TOC format. Both Phantom's home page (it's their show to host) and the DCI page only shows eight corps in the lineup. PC is not one of them and BD steps off first.

I just checked PC's schedule on their website. They are playing at DCI - Minneapolis on the 16th and Drums Across Kansas on the 18th, but they do no show a performance scheduled on the 17th anywhere. It appears to be an error at Fromthepressbox.