Despite including the defending champion along with some other corps of much interest here, again a West Coast show failed to get its own discussion thread, but maybe a few people who attended but don't want to write full reviews will chime in here with their thoughts.

World Class

1. 77.55 Blue Devils

2. 69.85 Madison Scouts

3. 67.05 Blue Knights

4. 66.40 Academy

5. 62.65 Mandarins

6. 60.25 Pacific Crest

Open Class

1. 54.45 Gold

2. 52.95 Golden Empire

3. 47.50 Watchmen

4. 46.95 Impulse

5. 39.50 Incognito

Scouts pulling away from Knights? Academy looking to overtake Knights? B.D. locking up another championship already?

• Like 1

Scouts fans like myself will enjoy seeing a bit of spread from BK. I know we're all hungry to move past seeing 60s as well.

• Like 1

Academy that close to BK! :wow:

Despite including the defending champion along with some other corps of much interest here, again a West Coast show failed to get its own discussion thread, but maybe a few people who attended but don't want to write full reviews will chime in here with their thoughts.

World Class

1. 77.55 Blue Devils

2. 69.85 Madison Scouts

3. 67.05 Blue Knights

4. 66.40 Academy

5. 62.65 Mandarins

6. 60.25 Pacific Crest

Open Class

1. 54.45 Gold

2. 52.95 Golden Empire

3. 47.50 Watchmen

4. 46.95 Impulse

5. 39.50 Incognito

Scouts pulling away from Knights? Academy looking to overtake Knights? B.D. locking up another championship already?

I just got home from the show... I've been to the SoCal shows the last two days and thought I'd just put something in here. I'm really surprised no-one scoped the show. They were sold out and overflowing.... Of course, Riverside is a pretty small venue that should really be held at a bigger stadium.

I have a few pictures that I should put up later, but not right now. Tired...

Incognito - Not too much nice to say about the group other than I appreciate the hard work they're putting into the show.

Impulse - Welcome back to DCI. Your speakers were way too loud! ALMOST DEAFENING! PLEASE TURN THEM DOWN!

Watchmen - Noticed their drumline was a bit better than the other two groups. Lots to work on here, but they look like they have BD's old uniforms from the 90s... They are from Riverside...

Golden Empire - A pretty big sound coming from this group. Definitely steeping up their game from last year.

Gold - Crushed velvet uniforms? It sorta works.

Pacific Crest - Some good progress since the beginning of the season.

Mandarins - Lots of things going on in the show. I don't remember that much honestly, but they were pretty good. Their contras were good.

Academy - Wow! This is a fun show! It's much better in person than on the videos. I really think they could contend for that 12th spot.

Blue Knight - Okay, they were good, but please put the whole show on the field. People around me thought that was your whole show and they didn't get it. Otherwise this is going to be a dangerous show in the end. They sound good, not as loud as Madison or Blue Devils, but they sure know how to articulate their notes well. Their pants being different colors certainly makes for a bizarre effect. Not sure if the judges like them.

Madison Scouts - Ok, people must not know what's going on in the actual musical because they clap at inappropriate times, like when someone was being whipped in the Musical and other things. These guys were very good tonight.

Blue Devils - Ok, they have improved by leaps and bounds since the earlier season! WOW. Best I've heard them in Riverside ever! I'm sure they'll give Bluecoats a run for their money ( or Crown)! The props look great. The trombones work. The new ending works. It's a very well performed and entertaining show.

Edited by jjeffeory

I've been a big BK fan for the past several years. Not sure what's up. Brass wise, they just don't sound as good to me this year as they have of late, and I'm taking how early it is in consideration.

Was there a staff change for brass?

Blue Knights 67.050 Yet so close The Academy. Tonight's Scores, different shows BUT Still........Academy 66.400 in a tie with Troopers. Boston Crusaders 65.950, Colts 65.800. We've got an incredible horse race developing between #10 - 15 I.e. Crossmen, Blue Knights, Troopers, The Academy, Boston Crusaders and the Colts. Creating a lot of Buzz. So looking forward to the head to head in San Antonio. Enjoy!

Blue Knights 67.050 Yet so close The Academy. Tonight's Scores, different shows BUT Still........Academy 66.400 in a tie with Troopers. Boston Crusaders 65.950, Colts 65.800. We've got an incredible horse race developing between #10 - 15 I.e. Crossmen, Blue Knights, Troopers, The Academy, Boston Crusaders and the Colts. Creating a lot of Buzz. So looking forward to the head to head in San Antonio. Enjoy!

My thoughts too. Academy is legitimately capable to grab that 12th spot.

• Like 2

Just a couple things to mention...

I saw Scouts and BD perform on periscope. You can probably still find the videos by looking on the periscope map.

Brad Toth is still the Brass Caption Head for BK.

Edited by Herk
  • Like 1