My thoughts too. Academy is legitimately capable to grab that 12th spot.

The Academy were Fantastic at the Rose Bowl. Brass is great live and their total show is entertaining as Heck.

• Like 2

Was at the Riverside show. Missed the Open Class corps due to a horrific car accident on the freeway that had traffic backed up for miles.

Pacific Crest - Great job tonight. Looking forward to seeing this show continue to develop over the next month.

Mandarins - Idk what's going on up in Sacramento that is motivating this corps, but whatever it is keep it up!! Outstanding job Mandarins!!

Academy - This goes out to every corps contending for a finals spot in 2016.........July 3rd at 8:36pm pacific time, The Academy put all of you on notice.

Blue Knight - Love what you are doing. Just give me the full show. Can't wait to see the full production.

Madison Scouts - Thank you so much for coming out west and gracing us Cali kids with your presence. Great performance tonight and few on this planet can match your energy. Thank you Madison and i hope you make the trip out here again real soon.

Blue Devils - BD i am sorry. I had my doubts after seeing the preview show online. You proved me wrong. Online does this show no justice. You have to see it live. This show is BOSS! I have attended every Riverside show since 2007. And after each of those show's i have correctly predicted BD's final placement in each of those season's except for 2008 (said BD would win gold). BD is winning gold this year. This show is on another level. And by season's end BD's percussion could go down as one of the best ever. Do it up Devils!

• Like 3

Was at the Riverside show. Missed the Open Class corps due to a horrific car accident on the freeway that had traffic backed up for miles.

Pacific Crest - Great job tonight. Looking forward to seeing this show continue to develop over the next month.

Mandarins - Idk what's going on up in Sacramento that is motivating this corps, but whatever it is keep it up!! Outstanding job Mandarins!!

Academy - This goes out to every corps contending for a finals spot in 2016.........July 3rd at 8:36pm pacific time, The Academy put all of you on notice.

Blue Knight - Love what you are doing. Just give me the full show. Can't wait to see the full production.

Madison Scouts - Thank you so much for coming out west and gracing us Cali kids with your presence. Great performance tonight and few on this planet can match your energy. Thank you Madison and i hope you make the trip out here again real soon.

Blue Devils - BD i am sorry. I had my doubts after seeing the preview show online. You proved me wrong. Online does this show no justice. You have to see it live. This show is BOSS! I have attended every Riverside show since 2007. And after each of those show's i have correctly predicted BD's final placement in each of those season's except for 2008 (said BD would win gold). BD is winning gold this year. This show is on another level. And by season's end BD's percussion could go down as one of the best ever. Do it up Devils!

Chief Guns...... Re: The Academy's "Drum Corpse Bride "giving notice." Nicely put. .Not only are they waking up the dead, lol......I think they may have just found their way on the judge's radar ( - :

• Like 2

The wife said it was REALLY crowded at the stadium (as was noted above) and the volunteers had to stand in the backfield. Therefore, we decided not to mess with pictures last night, though it would have been an interesting angle.

I noticed in the DCP score app, everyone (all 21 Corps) increased from their previous scores. Keep pushing and getting better!

• Like 1

Keep in mind that Spirt has yet to get a show under their belt, so that will throw off the hunt for 12th.

That being said, I really REALLY want Academy to make finals with this show!

Sorry but in the past years they have moved themselves out of that club. They got beat by an Open Class group the last 2 years and have finished 17-18. I think whats best for them is fielding a group this year.

Sorry but in the past years they have moved themselves out of that club. They got beat by an Open Class group the last 2 years and have finished 17-18. I think whats best for them is fielding a group this year.

Agreed. Don't think Spirit is a factor in the finals race.

I agree it's not likely, but if a corps, over four years, can place 12th -- 11th -- 11th -- 17th, it's not out of the question for the same corps, over three years, to place 17th -- 18th -- 12th.

Also, Academy was beat by an Open Class corps just two years ago, and many people are pulling for them to make Finals this year.

I agree it's not likely, but if a corps, over four years, can place 12th -- 11th -- 11th -- 17th, it's not out of the question for the same corps, over three years, to place 17th -- 18th -- 12th.

Also, Academy was beat by an Open Class corps just two years ago, and many people are pulling for them to make Finals this year.

Yea they were beat by BDB who took 15th overall.