I just checked PC's schedule on their website. They are playing at DCI - Minneapolis on the 16th and Drums Across Kansas on the 18th, but they do no show a performance scheduled on the 17th anywhere. It appears to be an error at Fromthepressbox.

Ok understood. My apologies for confusing everyone.

No worries......I usually attend this show every year and am taking my daughter this summer, so thought I had a pretty good handle on what was happening!

No worries......I usually attend this show every year and am taking my daughter this summer, so thought I had a pretty good handle on what was happening!

LOL Have fun and try not throw your daughter when all those unbelievable corps start ripping your face off lol.

Having been at the RCC show seeing BD live yesterday, I still think Carolina Crown and Bluecoats have a slightly superior show than BD. Don't get me wrong about what Blue Devils are putting out this season. This show is amazing and I think IMHO what is influencing the hype for them is the fact that this is by far the most approachable show in quite a while so more are buying into their show. I am. Though I loved the Rite of Spring show in 2013.

BD's hornline and guard is ridiculous and the drumline relatively speaking to the other sections is the weak point, but as always will be in contention for the Sanford Trophy at season's end. That said, I don't think BD is going undefeated like some have mention in DCP. Crown and Coats have strong shows and I think this will be a 3 horse race. It will be fun season. I can't wait to see them at Massillon in August.

It will be hotly contested for sure, but it's important to keep something in mind...Blue Devils create their program in a different manner than most. What you see now is probably about 55% of the program that you'll see at Indy. The broad brush concepts, staging and music are there right now. What they'll be doing over the next 3-4 weeks is refining those concepts, formalizing "drill", expanding upon the general ideas in place, and detailing the music. This is going to be a MONSTER progam, mark my words. I find your observations regarding the percussion section though. I think this might be the best ever BD drum line. Of course, the same could be said for the brass line and the guard. So yeah, all relative I guess.

From what I've seen, it's going to be BD and Crown battling for gold. Crown's hornline is stunning, guard always competitive, drums improved. They'll be in the hunt. For me, I really love the Coats. Still watch the last two years pretty often...however, I don't get the same kind of feeling from this program that I did last year and the year before. Love ya, Bluecoats, but I think their program isn't going to be enough. Not saying they may not win, but from my vantage point I don't see it. I really look forward to Indy. So many entertaining programs to see.

• Like 1

Its gonna be one helluva battle when the big dawgs start going head to head. I am predicting a different winner at each regional. What keeps BD slightly ahead is they don't have any weaknesses like last year.

It's interesting to remember that BD didn't win a single regional (they don't count Stanford) last season but won it all. They did win every TOC show they entered, sometimes out of an early slot and way before intermission. Curious and odd stat IMHO. I agree that they don't have any weaknesses this season. Last year was a very young and inexperienced group (for them), but they peaked at exactly the right time.

• Like 1