There was a time when the troopers were in the top 3, a time when Crown was no body, a time when the Cavies dominated, Phantom rocked faces off, My question is "Who do you think is the next world class corps that no body is talking about now, that we could possibly be talking about as a title contender in 3 to 5 years?"

Obviously The Cavaliers and Phantom Regiment are two corps that could easily be back in contention in a year or so, If I was feeling really risky Madison Scouts or Blue Stars could surprise people if they keep trending up, but it is hard to envision Blue Devils, Crown, Bloo, SCV and Cadets not being the top 5. It's been that way for a few years. I just think it's interesting that when you look back in time, certain corps used to be so good and corps that no one really knew have become the stars. The only two consistent corps over the last decade have been Blue Devils and Cadets.

Blue Knights

I really liked the Blue Knights show last year, I think they finished 6th in finals. That would be fun to see them become a championship caliber program

Idk if it's gonna happen in 3-5 years. But i wouldn't be surprised by 2025 The Academy was making a serious run at the top 5.

• Like 2

Blue Knights

• Like 2

With Crossmen having much of former Crown staffs and that philosophy, they could continue their climb on up that far. I think Blue Knights had their time in the sun, but might be falling off this year. Could be wrong (and hopefully am, I love BK the past couple years). If they have another 6-8th place finish this year, they could easily still continue to climb with some new innovation next year. Other than that, I don't really see anyone breaking into the top 3 within the next 8 or so years. At least right now. Blue Stars have been consistently inconsistent between 8th down to 13th, same with Madison.

• Like 1

With Crossmen having much of former Crown staffs and that philosophy, they could continue their climb on up that far. I think Blue Knights had their time in the sun, but might be falling off this year. Could be wrong (and hopefully am, I love BK the past couple years). If they have another 6-8th place finish this year, they could easily still continue to climb with some new innovation next year. Other than that, I don't really see anyone breaking into the top 3 within the next 8 or so years. At least right now. Blue Stars have been consistently inconsistent between 8th down to 13th, same with Madison.

Yeah Crossmen is a good one. Totally agree about Madison and Blue Stars. It's hard to imagine anyone else in the top 5 right now except for Cavies and Phantom IMO

Idk if it's gonna happen in 3-5 years. But i wouldn't be surprised by 2025 The Academy was making a serious run at the top 5.

I would love to see this. After some of their shows from 2008 to 2012 or so, I thought they'd be in the top 12 by now, but they aren't. Moving up is a challenge.

I would love to see this. After some of their shows from 2008 to 2012 or so, I thought they'd be in the top 12 by now, but they aren't. Moving up is a challenge.

Yes I agree it's hard to break into that elite group of drum corps. I feel as though the academy is just beginning their upward trend. They have been establishing who they are just the past 3 years. The programming has become more laser focused, and specific to their brand/look. They have had the same BD/Crown designers the past 3 years and it is really working for them all around. I have really enjoyed each offering yearly! I truly believe the difference this year, is that they have been creating a following of fans and putting the crowd first. I believe this helps bring the talent and that is the difference maker!
  • Like 4