2016 DCA - Latest Scores

l guess we would have to wait for the first full DCA show out there to get a true read on the Midwest corps.That show would August 8th the Kilts Classic.

Edited by Florida Sun

Seemed that all, or most, of the scores were low at that show... even for the DCI corps.

Yeah, DCI scores this year, especially in the Midwest, are low and erratic (some DCI Open Class corps have seen their scores rise by as much as nine points in one day and then fall by six points the next), perhaps due to DCI's new policy of not making recaps available . . . not even to the judges.

(Although it is generally believed that any judge who wants to get hold of a previous show's recap could do so with a little networking effort. But there seem to be a number of new judges, who perhaps aren't doing that.)

Add that to the challenges that DCI faces every year in adjudicating All Age corps, and you've got a recipe for scores as clear as mud.

DCI's new policy of not making recaps available . . . not even to the judges.

(Although it is generally believed that any judge who wants to get hold of a previous show's recap could do so with a little networking effort. But there seem to be a number of new judges, who perhaps aren't doing that.)

Add that to the challenges that DCI faces every year in adjudicating All Age corps, and you've got a recipe for scores as clear as mud

Great lack of transparency there. Also a delicious recipe for forthcoming controversy and serious disaster, this I will predict. :satisfied:

"Well, if everyone's totally ignorant of what will happen when they score a contest, enough chaos might result that BD might lose this year!" I can hear it now. :laugh:

You guys are all correct!!! Scores were low on a low scoring year. DCI judges don't change their earballs or eyeballs for Sr. corps nor should they have to. Midwestern corps have just learned to live with that fact.

Ron H is correct. Both corps in very good shape. Especially Gov guard and ROGER GRUPP back with Mn. Brass!!!

Happy to hear Roger is back in the mix. When I get back to the Ijamsville review, he'll get a mention. :satisfied:

From what I'm seeing, the DCI numbers are largely meaningless- what's been obvious is that the feedback's been great and the corps are using it well.

It's not impossible. Some DCA folks did both at one time, that I can tell you. Currently, I can't.

What a problem I have is

:

Almost ALL " DCA " judges primarily are also " DCI" judges. So clearly they can do BOTH.

SO WHY would there be a problem with judges who do " DCI " primarily have a problem with " DCA."

There no way one group would be able to do both ACCURATELY and not the other.

(Honestly. I just do not understand. Please do not just give some hateful reply.)

• Like 1