2016 DCA - Latest Scores

,....huge move by Cadets2 last night,...................

They pulled a nice slingshot move, but there are still 2 laps to go. They still have to make it stick. I'll talk about it later, but that last minute.... it's better, but in certain brass and visual aspects... :wall:

• Like 1

Also a big move from Minnesota Brass. 91.65.

But MBI has no more shows before championships, right? So that score is the one that determines their prelims order, which right now would have them performing next to last, but it's quite likely two to four corps will move ahead of them next week.

MBI strong showing once again .I doutl two to four corps would move above them .and even if that would happen MBI woukld beat them in prelums

One has to wonder where Carolina Gold and Alliance will fall in ? Carolina Gold has no where to go but up last score was 54.95

Edited by Florida Sun

Gold's last DCA number was a 66ish with a ton of penalties at Ijamsville. The show was incomplete. I figure they'll put on a very strong performance and show themselves as well as they can at Big Sounds. Where they relate to Bush will be critical for them at this point. We'll also see how much ammo is in their gun as to how they will relate to what was a very, very fine White Sabres corps at Peckville last night.

MBI strong showing once again. I doubt two to four corps would move above them, and even if that would happen, MBI would beat them in prelims.

Yes, four corps is not too likely. But also far from ridiculous. Right now, the standings below MBI are:

2. 91.65 -- Minnesota Brass (8/20 St. Peter)

3. 90.90 -- Cadets2 (8/20 Peckville)

4. 90.45 -- Caballeros (8/20 Peckville)

5. 89.55 -- Fusion Core (8/20 Peckville)

6. 85.40 -- White Sabers (8/20 Peckville)

7. 84.70 -- Atlanta CV (8/6 Woodstock)

The three corps in third through fifth place are between 0.75 and 2.10 points back from MBI, and it's not unreasonable to suppose that even Fusion could improve by that much next week. (Fusion improved by at least that much over one-week periods twice this season--and on a third occasion they did it in one day). Sabers are four-plus points behind those three in head-to-head competition, so they're unlikely to close the gap.

But what about the corps in seventh? If C2 could improve by 5.95 points in three weeks (previous score was 84.95 on 7/30), could CV perhaps do the same or better next week, over the same amount of time? Last year they climbed by 7.25 from Woodstock on Aug. 1 to Rockmart on Aug. 22. If they did that again, then next week they'd be at . . .

And yes, if MBI are in fact the second-best corps, then they'll be able to succeed even going on in sixth place at Prelims. I'm just noting the possibility.

And yes, if MBI are in fact the second-best corps, then they'll be able to succeed even going on in sixth place at Prelims. I'm just noting the possibility.

You're right... just about anything is possible. Hey... Minnesota Brass has crashed the party several times on Labor Day weekend. LOL.

Very much looking forward to seeing MBI. They always seem to bring something unique to the table. A style all their own.

• Like 1