2016 DCA - Latest Scores

uuuuu, Thanks Flor Sun butt, it's Really close and last time we saw Cinn Trad they beat us by 4 pts. I do like your thinking though....

Erie was tenths behind us and Chops is coming on. Speaking of Chops, they have the highest of high note dudes. And it lasts forever ish. When does he breath???

Go Cabs :)

Cavs... Cabs.

I'm seeing a pattern here. :tongue:

• Like 1

Tell ya what, don't miss the Battle in Class A next weekend:

Updated per 8/27 scores

1 - 77.40 - Cincinnati Tradition - (8/27 Hiram)

2 - 74.80 - Erie Thunderbirds - (8/27 Bridgeport)

3 - 74.55 - Kilties - (8/20 St Peter)

4 - 71.90 - Chops - (8/20 St Peter)

5 - 69.60 - Excelsior - (8/20 Bridgeport)

• Like 3

MBI strong showing once again. I doubt two to four corps would move above them, and even if that would happen, MBI would beat them in prelims.

Yes, four corps is not too likely. But also far from ridiculous. Right now, the standings below MBI are:

2. 91.65 -- Minnesota Brass (8/20 St. Peter)

3. 90.90 -- Cadets2 (8/20 Peckville)

4. 90.45 -- Caballeros (8/20 Peckville)

5. 89.55 -- Fusion Core (8/20 Peckville)

6. 85.40 -- White Sabers (8/20 Peckville)

7. 84.70 -- Atlanta CV (8/6 Woodstock)

The three corps in third through fifth place are between 0.75 and 2.10 points back from MBI, and it's not unreasonable to suppose that even Fusion could improve by that much next week. (Fusion improved by at least that much over one-week periods twice this season--and on a third occasion they did it in one day). Sabers are four-plus points behind those three in head-to-head competition, so they're unlikely to close the gap.

But what about the corps in seventh? If C2 could improve by 5.95 points in three weeks (previous score was 84.95 on 7/30), could CV perhaps do the same or better next week, over the same amount of time? Last year they climbed by 7.25 from Woodstock on Aug. 1 to Rockmart on Aug. 22. If they did that again, then next week they'd be at . . .

And yes, if MBI are in fact the second-best corps, then they'll be able to succeed even going on in sixth place at Prelims. I'm just noting the possibility.

So how many corps moved past MBI this week? Two to four. But to be more specific, two:

Cadets2 -- 93.80

Caballeros -- 92.40

Although the other two got awfully close:

Atlanta CV -- 91.55

Fusion Core -- 91.35

I love the mystery that comes from the staggering of shows in these last weeks. For all we know, had MBI competed today, they would have improved by as much as C2 did, i.e., by 2.9 points, and they'd be standing at 94.55, just over a half point behind the Bucs. But they didn't perform today, so we're left to speculate on this most interesting set-up for next week!

(They were too far back from last week to be in this mix, but notice that White Sabers improved by almost as much as C2: 2.8 points.)

Edited by N.E. Brigand

Open Class now:

95.15 Buccaneers

93.80 Cadets2

92.50 Caballeros

91.65 Minnesota Brass

91.55 Atlanta CV

91.35 Fusion Core

88.20 White Sabers

87.55 Sunrisers

83.80 Govenaires

83.25 Bushwackers

82.50 Skyliners

82.15 Hurricanes

82.10 Alliance

81.90 Carolina Gold

So it seems there's a pretty good chance that all 14 Open Class corps could break 80 at Prelims. The last time that all Open corps did that was 2010--when they numbered 11. I don't think there's ever been a Prelims in which 14 Open corps made it to 80; the closest looks to be 1997, when 13 corps did so.

And nothing against Fusion... saw them in Nazareth and they were fine indeed, however by DCA, Cabs will pull ahead of them. Top 5 will be a VERY crowded place this year, and either Fusion or C2 will not be making the party.

Wow, Fusion falling to 6th place?! Who would have thunk it?

Wow, Fusion falling to 6th place?! Who would have thunk it?

Didn't take those humility lessons yet did you

• Like 3

Top 5 will be a VERY crowded place this year, and either Fusion or C2 will not be making the party.

I'm not sure what the importance of "top 5" is. Right now, fourth through sixth are separated by three-tenths.

While C2 is ahead of that group by more than two points.

I'm not sure what the importance of "top 5" is. Right now, fourth through sixth are separated by three-tenths.

While C2 is ahead of that group by more than two points.

And C2's placement doesn't matter one bit. Because you just can't - can't - place MBI accurately in that group.

Edited by Ron H