2016 DCA - Latest Scores

So I'm watching DCI Live and The Govenaires take the field and I hear Brandt Crocker's voice instead of Fran Haring....... weird !!!

Edited by JoeDz

Govenaires 64.85

MBI cancelled for rain

And according to a news story on DCI's website, MBI would have performed in exhibition Saturday night anyway, so there'd have been no score regardless.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

New Standing updated Aug 27th. Lets see who comes out on top this coming week-end will be Bucs or Fusion right now it looks like a 3 corps fight adding in Minn Brass.

Bucs 95.15

Cadets 2 93.80

Caballero's 93.50

Minn.Brass 91.65

Corps vets 91.55

Fusion Core 91.35

White Sabers 88.20

Sunrisers 87.55

Govies 83,80

Bushwackers 83.25

Skyliners 82.50

Hurricanes 82..15

Alliance 82.10

Carolina Gold 81.90

Class A Corps

Cinn, Trad. 77.40

Erie T-Birds 74.80

Kilties 74.55

Chops Inc. 71.90

Excelsiour 69.60

Southern Knights 67.05 DCI

Edited by Florida Sun
  • Like 1

New Standings:

Open Class

Bucs 86.75

Fusion 83.30

Cabs 82.50

Cadets2 82.30

Minn. 81.00 ?

CV 77.15

Sun 76.10

Bush 74.40

Sky 72.30

Sabers 71.55

Hurcs 70.25

Govies 64.85

Alliance 57.90

Carolina 57.20

Class A

Thunderbirds 64.35

Southern Knights 51.10 DCI

Kilties 50.85

Cinn. Tradition 48.00

Chops & Excelsior: no score yet

Did something unusual happen Friday that would call for that question mark after the Minnesota Brass score from the Rochester competition? Would it not be as legitimate (or not) as any other DCI score for a DCA corps? Based on MBI's track record, wouldn't they be a likely as not to be in the top five?

If anything, this score looks more reasonable than what MBI often gets from DCI panels. Last year at about this time, they were scoring in the mid 70s while Caballeros were getting scores in the mid 80s back east, and I doubt that the reason MBI pulled ahead of Cabs by Finals was that they really knocked ten points off that gap--instead, they were always in the same general range (Mind you, I would have had Cabs ahead of MBI at Finals, but that's a different subject.)

The likely more dubious DCI-derived scores are those earned Friday night in Woodstock: AtlantaCV 65.10, Alliance 57.90, Carolina Gold 57.20, Southern Knights 57.10. Given that CV scored 77.15 and less then two points behind FusionCore on July 2, I think it's likelier that DCA judges would have scored the Woodstock corps as AtlantaCV 82, Alliance 74, Carolina Gold 73, Southern Knights 71.

Nice to see that Thunderbirds score: that's what they earned last year on Aug. 1, so being two weeks ahead bodes well for their chances of making Finals this year.

Should we lay odds as to whether Buccaneers set a new record high score this year?

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 2

Carolina 57,20

Carolina Gold scored a 66 and change (including nearly four points in penalties) at the Maryland DCA show July 2.

Carolina Gold scored a 66 and change (including nearly four points in penalties) at the Maryland DCA show July 2.

Yes, but typically this thread lists the latest rather than the highest score, and 57 is what they got at Woodstock this weekend. (But F.Sun's not being entirely consistent in his post, since he has CV with their July 2 score rather than what they just earned.)

Yes, but typically this thread lists the latest rather than the highest score, and 57 is what they got at Woodstock this weekend. (But F.Sun's not being entirely consistent in his post, since he has CV with their July 2 score rather than what they just earned.)

Exactly. LOL

Did something unusual happen Friday that would call for that question mark after the Minnesota Brass score from the Rochester competition? Would it not be as legitimate (or not) as any other DCI score for a DCA corps? Based on MBI's track record, wouldn't they be a likely as not to be in the top five?

If anything, this score looks more reasonable than what MBI often gets from DCI panels. Last year at about this time, they were scoring in the mid 70s while Caballeros were getting scores in the mid 80s back east, and I doubt that the reason MBI pulled ahead of Cabs by Finals was that they really knocked ten points off that gap--instead, they were always in the same general range (Mind you, I would have had Cabs ahead of MBI at Finals, but that's a different subject.)

The likely more dubious DCI-derived scores are those earned Friday night in Woodstock: AtlantaCV 65.10, Alliance 57.90, Carolina Gold 57.20, Southern Knights 57.10. Given that CV scored 77.15 and less then two points behind FusionCore on July 2, I think it's likelier that DCA judges would have scored the Woodstock corps as AtlantaCV 82, Alliance 74, Carolina Gold 73, Southern Knights 71.

Nice to see that Thunderbirds score: that's what they earned last year on Aug. 1, so being two weeks ahead bodes well for their chances of making Finals this year.

Should we lay odds as to whether Buccaneers set a new record high score this year?

right now, any numbers given at a DCi show is suspect

• Like 2

Right now, any numbers given at a DCI show are suspect.

Well sure, that's what I said; the question for F.S. was why did he pick just MBI's DCI score to mark as questionable.

the reason for the question mark was I thought that score had not been confirmed/ And I missed CV latest score that 65.10 puts them in 11 place LOL

Edited by Florida Sun