Time slotting at San Antonio

I mentioned this in another thread but it was way off topic. I'm curious to know how they will handle this. Will it be based off last years finals placements for these 3 corps?

DCI Southwestern Championship

Presented by Fred J. Miller, Inc.
San Antonio, TX | Saturday, July 23, 2016

Listed in alphabetical order. Draw based on Denver/Minneapolis finish.

This is from the schedule on DCI website. Crown, Bluecoats, and Cadets will not be at either of the Denver/Minneapolis shows. So I wonder how that will work for them?

I mentioned this in another thread but it was way off topic. I'm curious to know how they will handle this. Will it be based off last years finals placements for these 3 corps?

DCI Southwestern Championship

Presented by Fred J. Miller, Inc.

San Antonio, TX | Saturday, July 23, 2016

Listed in alphabetical order. Draw based on Denver/Minneapolis finish.

This is from the schedule on DCI website. Crown, Bluecoats, and Cadets will not be at either of the Denver/Minneapolis shows. So I wonder how that will work for them?

It's based on MN and KY shows not Denver. The 2 shows that are the Sat before SA.

It's based on MN and KY shows not Denver. The 2 shows that are the Sat before SA.

This is what has been done in the past so you can safely assume the same will happen this year.

Do we want to start taking bets on how much DCP will flip out about separate show scores being used to set a lineup...like last year :)

• Like 1

That makes sense, but has DCI actually said so anywhere? As DT correctly observes, DCI's website, on the San Antonio event page, says otherwise.

That makes sense, but has DCI actually said so anywhere? As DT correctly observes, DCI's website, on the San Antonio event page, says otherwise.

I think someone just copy and pasted from last year (which was MN and Denver) instead of replacing Denver with KY. And yes I know this is correct. 😊

I think someone just copy and pasted from last year (which was MN and Denver) instead of replacing Denver with KY. And yes I know this is correct.

This would make a lot more sense. I assume they will figure it out :)

Do we want to start taking bets on how much DCP will flip out about separate show scores being used to set a lineup...like last year :)

If different judges are being used, then one should be a little concerned.

Those three corps aren't the only ones not at Denver and Minneapolis. Crossmen, Spirit, Surf, and Boston all aren't, either. Clearly it is an oversight on DCI's part to not correct it. It has traditionally been based on the Saturday prior's scores (just like SA is used for Atlanta, Atlanta for Allentown). Thus because Denver and Minneapolis are on different weekends, that is not the case, it is Minneapolis and Alexandria this year.

Use common sense. It's obvious that it CANNOT be Denver and Minneapolis because there are 7 corps that won't be at either show, and everyone at Denver will be at Minneapolis. Clearly that just wouldn't make sense, as the corps at Denver would then have a lower average than those just at Minneapolis. If DCI were to actually do something like that then they are just asking for everyone to flip even more so than last year. It's already bad enough that they are using two different shows again this year, rather than having everyone go to Minneapolis. That hasn't happened in a few years now, and is a little ridiculous.

Those three corps aren't the only ones not at Denver and Minneapolis. Crossmen, Spirit, Surf, and Boston all aren't, either. Clearly it is an oversight on DCI's part to not correct it. It has traditionally been based on the Saturday prior's scores (just like SA is used for Atlanta, Atlanta for Allentown). Thus because Denver and Minneapolis are on different weekends, that is not the case, it is Minneapolis and Alexandria this year.

Use common sense. It's obvious that it CANNOT be Denver and Minneapolis because there are 7 corps that won't be at either show, and everyone at Denver will be at Minneapolis. Clearly that just wouldn't make sense, as the corps at Denver would then have a lower average than those just at Minneapolis. If DCI were to actually do something like that then they are just asking for everyone to flip even more so than last year. It's already bad enough that they are using two different shows again this year, rather than having everyone go to Minneapolis. That hasn't happened in a few years now, and is a little ridiculous.

Calm down a bit, no need to get all worked up. The Kentucky show was already pointed out by someone else =)

Calm down a bit, no need to get all worked up. The Kentucky show was already pointed out by someone else =)

You do know that telling someone to calm down doesn't actually work, right? It just makes them more upset (in person, anyways).

I'm not upset, there's no need for me to calm down. I am just making it clear for anyone who still doubts because "it's not what the website says!" (everything on the internet is true, remember).

As well as pointing out how ridiculous it is that in a year where the calendar does not make it so that it is not possible for everyone go to Minneapolis to not do it that way. If DCI really wanted to do Florida, they could have done it early season (like in 2012) or do something as part of the lead up to Atlanta at the end of swamp tour. As much as I didn't like it, the calendar kind of forced the issue last year, and I think the year before. But not this year.