69.90 Blue Knights

61.60 Crusaders

57.40 Cascades

55.00 Columbians

53.40 Gold

52.70 Golden Empire

49.80 Battalion

45.40 Thunder

Columbians climb 2.10 pts. from the previous night, while Cascades drop 0.10 pt.

And I believe that was the last show this year for Battalion. Congratulations to them on their first season.

• Like 1

I have seen the comments before about a "full panel" and "not a full panel" of judges. Can someone explain that to me? What is the difference and why do some shows apparently have a full panel and other do not?

Great score BK!

This year's BD show is pretty impressive!

I have seen the comments before about a "full panel" and "not a full panel" of judges. Can someone explain that to me? What is the difference and why do some shows apparently have a full panel and other do not?

As a cost-cutting measure, at many shows early in the season, DCI only has five judges rather than the usual eight.

I could see this BD show being unstoppable if they continue this super trend.

But we shall never know until they all meet up soon.

Great score BK!

This year's BD show is pretty impressive!

Normally there are 8 captions judged a night, GE 1, GE 2, Visual Analysis, Visual Proficiency, Color Guard, Music Analysis, Brass, and Percussion (big shows add percussion 1 and 2). To save money, smaller shows only judge 5 captions, the 2 GE's and either 1 music and 2 visual captions, or 2 music and 1 visual caption. It can cause scoring fluctuations when strong captions are judged or weak ones are judged.

79.50 Blue Devils

75.90 SCV

69.90 Blue Knights

61.60 Crusaders

57.40 Cascades

BD. Wow. Smoked SCV. Geez.

So... about BD 2 pointing Bloo and Crown.. I still think it's unlikely to happen but I wouldn't exactly be surprised if it did.

• Like 1

55.00 Columbians

53.40 Gold

52.70 Golden Empire

49.80 Battalion

45.40 Thunder

In Open Class, the three corps who were touring the Northwest saw their scores increase from the night before, while the two corps who had so far played only in California actually saw their scores go down from what they earned four days earlier.

Great show Columbians. The corps can take this success and build on it. They are doing things right - increasing their tour schedule little by little over a span of years.

Wow I can't wait to see BD's show this weekend (1st time). I doubt I'll favor it over Vanguard's though - but it will be nice to see the show that almost 4-pointed Force of Nature last night. Yikes! Looking forward to BK's show as well - hopefully with Saturn?

I like to have fresh eyes for the nice multi-cam broadcasts... hence no scoping...

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 1