DCI Central Florida - Lakeland, FL July 9th

Bloo is riding a lot on show design and GE. They are definitely behind the top groups in brass and guard, and overall feels lacking in demand compared to Crown/BD/Cadets. They need to put in a bit more and amp up the intensity. Biggest issue for me tonight was blending electronics with ensemble, as the speakers overpower a lot and make the brass sound smaller at points.

That said, their show is just so #### cool and it's tied for my favorite of the year wth Crown. I would love to see them get gold with it but I think they have a lot more than just cleaning to do.

I may be the only person in existence who has no idea what everyone is talking about. There is incredible visual demand. Dancing in unison at those high speeds? High intensity notes and fast drill? Balance and core strength when hanging from the slides and playing? What am I missing that makes all of that stuff so much easier than other shows?

• Like 4

Oh they have plenty of visual demand, I'm talking about music and the rest. Also, their guard is hurting their chances at visual caption.

Scores anyone? Wish I could have been there tonight. With a son aging out this summer, the tickets to Atlanta and Indianapolis were costly enough. So glad drum corps is back in FL!

I may be the only person in existence who has no idea what everyone is talking about. There is incredible visual demand. Dancing in unison at those high speeds? High intensity notes and fast drill? Balance and core strength when hanging from the slides and playing? What am I missing that makes all of that stuff so much easier than other shows?

"It's different than what I want it to be therefore it doesn't exist."

• Like 1

Bloo 79.00

Cadets 76.65

Crossmen 70.1

Boston 68.75

Spirit 63.2

Surf 57.55

Edited by Flguardman
  • Like 1

Open Class

1Legends53.550

2Heat Wave42.250

World Class

1Bluecoats79.000

2The Cadets76.650

3Crossmen70.100

4Boston Crusaders68.750

5Spirit of Atlanta63.200

6Jersey Surf57.550

"It's different than what I want it to be therefore it doesn't exist."

We're talking about and comparing the top tier of the elite, where a slight difference can the difference in medals and 5th. No one is calling anything they do easy.