DCI Central Florida - Lakeland, FL July 9th

Previous year's 3&4 placed corps tend to tour together. 1&5 etc. Sells tickets.

That could be true as a general guideline, but I think the word "tend" is key. In 2015, 1st Blue Devils and 5th Carolina Crown from 2014 did tour early in the season, but it was known as early as 2011 Blue Devils would be in the Boston area for Boston Crusaders anniversary. It was a huge reason why BAC went west in 2012 and at a home show BAC missed, it was mentioned by the announcers that this was one reason why BAC was out west, so west coast corps would come east. Troopers seemed to know in 2012 they would be in Boston in 2014. Crown folks love Boston in July, but they knew last year they would not be in New England this year.

Tours may be finalized in November prior to the tour and changes are no doubt made, but corps have a general idea a few years ahead of time where they will tour, and this would be necessary for budgeting and fundraising purposes.

Score Predictions for tonight:

Heat Wave - ??

Legends 54.100

Jersey Surf 57.150

Spirit 63.450

Boston 68.100

Crossmen 69.350

Cadets 78.750

Bluecoats 80.300

With the corps getting in some rehearsal time today, Spirit with a show under their belts and the big crowd on hand with lots of Boston family & friends I figure the corps should have some great runs tonight and we'll see some scores climb.

Edited by George Dixon

That could be true as a general guideline, but I think the word "tend" is key. In 2015, 1st Blue Devils and 5th Carolina Crown from 2014 did tour early in the season, but it was known as early as 2011 Blue Devils would be in the Boston area for Boston Crusaders anniversary. It was a huge reason why BAC went west in 2012 and at a home show BAC missed, it was mentioned by the announcers that this was one reason why BAC was out west, so west coast corps would come east. Troopers seemed to know in 2012 they would be in Boston in 2014. Crown folks love Boston in July, but they knew last year they would not be in New England this year.

Tours may be finalized in November prior to the tour and changes are no doubt made, but corps have a general idea a few years ahead of time where they will tour, and this would be necessary for budgeting and fundraising purposes.

Troopers spring training is in Indiana, I believe, so that shouldn't have been any sort of shock for them. But, yes, the bolded part exactly. Corps have a good idea a few years in advance that "Hey, we want to do a west coast tour soon. Let's plan and prepare, and when we feel that it is financially feasible, lets do it!"

Out here watching Bloo ensemble. These kids are killing it full out despite the heat. Love this show even more in person. Ballad might be my favorite of theirs in the past 5 years.

Out here watching Bloo ensemble. These kids are killing it full out despite the heat. Love this show even more in person. Ballad might be my favorite of theirs in the past 5 years.

It's an awesome show. And yes - the kids are so impressive in the heat. The work ethic is something I personally LOVE about the activity.