Denver Drumbeat (Drums Along the Rockies)

I disagree- BD was rougher than I've ever heard in music at times. Thought SCV overall plays close in regards to brass performance and better in Perc.

You actually are agreeing with me. I said that SCV probably beat BD in percussion tonight and lost in brass. And I said what SCV plays is ok...it's the content. The BD brass book is at minimum half a point better than SCV. So much brass tacet time in the SCV show.

I'll have to rewatch both again. Didn't seem like there was a lot of tacet time to me, but again not sure.

Edited by wesleyrp

You actually are agreeing with me. I said that SCV probably beat BD in percussion tonight and lost in brass. And I said what SCV plays is ok...it's the content. The BD brass book is at minimum half a point better than SCV. So much brass tacet time in the SCV show.

I felt like the difficulty of BD's brass book is what gets them. I just thought that SCV executes better.

My top 3 fave shows:

1) Bloo

2) Cadets

3) SCV/Crown

Musically, I like the Blue Devils this season.... Cadets play loud, have recognizable music with one song played a lot by Corps. its a show that is overall ok and keeps my interest as one would expect from the Cadets show, but its just not a medals show, design wise, imo. But geez, when it comes to predicting what judges will do, thats a bridge too far for me sometimes ( haha!)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

I felt like the difficulty of BD's brass book is what gets them.

Visually, BD executes well, but its the overall sound of their brass line that is special. If I close my eyes, the richness, blend, balance of the sound really is something else. It really is quite unique among the Corps, imo. I can understand why they are undefeated so far. It'll be cool to see how Bluecoats, Crown matchup with BD head to head soon.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

Clocked the brass playing times

Santa Clara Vanguard brass plays a bit under 8 minutes.

Blue Devils plays about 6 and a half.

Seems to me both have a fair amount of content. Blue Devils are cleaner at this point but content is certainly comparable.

Edited by Zanbyrnes

They don't play the brass instruments...that's why. Again, percussion with brass accompaniment. A little playing in the closer. You can't expect to score well in MA and Brass and GE Music without playing.

They're only .5 behind BD lol relax

Visually, BD executes well, but its the overall sound of their brass line that is special. If I close my eyes, the richness, blend, balance of the sound really is something else. I can understand why they are undefeated so far. It'll be cool to see how Bluecoats, Crown matchup with BD head to head soon.

Visually, yes they do. Best in DCI. Usually their brass is so good and this year I just can't seem to like what they are playing. Yes, they are executing but I didn't think they executed tonight as well as SCV did. Kinda like back on the east coast. I feel like the Cadets should be beating the Blue coats in music but they aren't.

Just got an email from DCI saying that my purchase of the Denver live stream had failed due to a processing error. My card info is up to date and I've bought stuff before with no problems. I was just finishing up watching the broadcast when I got it. Whoops.. thanks DCI!

Visually, yes they do. Best in DCI. Usually their brass is so good and this year I just can't seem to like what they are playing. Yes, they are executing but I didn't think they executed tonight as well as SCV did. Kinda like back on the east coast. I feel like the Cadets should be beating the Blue coats in music but they aren't.

Yes, I thought BD had some execution issues here and there tonite. Thats why the big spread over SCV tonite sort of surprised me.. oh well.

• Like 1