Clear bag policy will be in effect at select upcoming DCI Tour events

Posted today on dci.org............

For the safety of spectators and performers, a select number of venues for upcoming DCI Tour events will be enforcing new bag/entry procedures upon arrival at the stadium.

For those attending events this summer at the following locations, be sure to make note of these policies which will be in effect during your visit:

• TCF Bank Stadium in Minneapolis (Saturday, July 16)

• The Georgia Dome in Atlanta (Saturday, July 30)

It is anticipated that similar policies will be adopted at most stadiums throughout the USA in the near future.

To read the complete article...............

http://www.dci.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=33500&ATCLID=211062143

yup - most stadiums around me (including M&T for Ravens games) already have had this in place for a while

smart if you ask me...

As long as nobody brings Bouncy to a DCI event we'll be good

Edited by SFZFAN

Not surprised about MN and ATL - these 2 venues have always been tougher on fans than others.

In spite of being a pro stadium, LOS continues to give a warm reception to those who attend Indy and relaxes their typical NFL brandishing of fans upon entrance. I guess it's only a matter of time before all stadiums treat the average fans like suspected bad guys. But, unfortunately. I can't really blame them. I guess it's just the reality of the modern world in which we live.

Edited by drumcorpsfever

This doesn't directly affect me because I'm a dude and all I bring in is my fat butt and my wallet but I think it's dumb. I don't want to live in a police state - clear bags and pat-downs to see a drum corps show (or a football game)? Dumb. You want to make those events safer? Stop selling booze.

You can get booze at a drum corps event? :guinesssmilie: Who knew?

I was talking about NFL games since people are using the rules for those as justification for why the same policy is OK at a friggin' DCI show. Our obsession over fear of "bad people" is pathetic - especially considering that statistically, we're safer than we've ever been. Inconveniencing thousands of people because maybe, just maybe someone may have something in a bag that could harm someone else is dumb.

I'm reasonably certain that booze was for sale at finals last year. I didn't get any so I can't be sure but I seem to remember it being on the menu.

I was talking about NFL games since people are using the rules for those as justification for why the same policy is OK at a friggin' DCI show. Our obsession over fear of "bad people" is pathetic - especially considering that statistically, we're safer than we've ever been. Inconveniencing thousands of people because maybe, just maybe someone may have something in a bag that could harm someone else is dumb.

I'm reasonably certain that booze was for sale at finals last year. I didn't get any so I can't be sure but I seem to remember it being on the menu.

inconveniencing a few thousand for the safety of ten or twenty thousand isn't stupid at all. if you've ever been to philly, or cleveland, or DC, you'd know that those fans can get rough.