Clear bag policy will be in effect at select upcoming DCI Tour events

Another opportunity for souvie sales! Which corps will be the first?

I would not be surprised if we have the same requirement for Lucas Oil Stadium. I love to bring my camera to shows and while I usually use the same lens, I do sometimes interchange them. While I.can always wear my camera, my bag has the lenses and accessories. I called my favorite camera store (Hunt's in Melrose, MA) and they do not have clear camera bags. B&H and Adorama claim that underwater bags count as clear bags according to Homeland Security.

I was talking about NFL games since people are using the rules for those as justification for why the same policy is OK at a friggin' DCI show. Our obsession over fear of "bad people" is pathetic - especially considering that statistically, we're safer than we've ever been. Inconveniencing thousands of people because maybe, just maybe someone may have something in a bag that could harm someone else is dumb.

I'm reasonably certain that booze was for sale at finals last year. I didn't get any so I can't be sure but I seem to remember it being on the menu.

While clear bags would not have changed what happened at the Boston Marathon in 2013, I know someone rather well who has a punctured eardrum and a scar from shrapnel from the bombing and an acquaintance of a young man who lost his leg. A family I know was right behind the Richard family and left ten minutes prior to the bombing. Martin Richard was the 8 year old boy who was killed, his mother and sister seriously injured. I could go on with other examples. There tragic and horrendous events are real, and DCI is s soft target. Stadiums taking precautions is responsible.

• Like 2