I'm %$%&@! Unhappy

June 29th my beloved Troopers score 66.60. TWO weeks later they score 67.10 for a grand total increase of .5 points.

A random sampling of other corps in the same amount of time:

Blue Devils: +8.35

Crown: +5.75

Crossmen: +7.95

Scouts: +6.85

Academy: +7.25

Pioneer: +7.05

I need someone to help me settle down.

• Like 1

When Granny's unhappy, everyone's unhappy. :innocent:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 5

Troopers:

Season Length: 17 days Number of Shows: 10 Score Range: 9.250 Average Score: 64.890 Total Increase: 8.700 Average Increase per Day: 0.544 Average Increase per Show: 0.967

Madison Scouts

Season Length: 17 days Number of Shows: 9 Score Range: 9.500 Average Score: 67.461 Total Increase: 8.600 Average Increase per Day: 0.538 Average Increase per Show: 1.075

Academy

Season Length: 18 days Number of Shows: 11 Score Range: 11.950 Average Score: 64.891 Total Increase: 10.350 Average Increase per Day: 0.609 Average Increase per Show: 1.035

Crossmen
Season Length: 17 days Number of Shows: 10 Score Range: 10.450 Average Score: 66.950 Total Increase: 10.450 Average Increase per Day: 0.653 Average Increase per Show: 1.161

What's the problem?

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 1

If you read my post you will know my problem.

You need to at least dump that first score of the season for the Troopers. It's a wonky number and an anomaly that completely skews their numbers. I would contend that the first few scores for any corps are useless since everyone (judges included) are getting their legs underneath them.

If you read my post you will know my problem.

You need to at least dump that first score of the season for the Troopers. It's a wonky number and an anomaly that completely skews their numbers. I would contend that the first few scores for any corps are useless since everyone (judges included) are getting their legs underneath them.

I don't see the problem. It doesn't matter at this stage. They've improved since the first show a tenth more than Madison has and under two points less than Crossmen or Academy. They have a great show. Things will become more clear for them and everyone else this weekend. I haven't looked at the spreads, but spreads are more important that scores. Are they making a lot of changes right now?

I think I'm pretty sure you aren't reading my posts.

• Like 2

I think I'm pretty sure you aren't reading my posts.

I just think it's too soon to worry. If you throw out the first score for them, you throw it out for everyone else and the result is still the same.

They have a great show. Maybe their best in years. Their overall improvement seems to be in line with most other groups, regardless of their number or whether or not you throw out the first show.

http://ascendperformingarts.org/scores/

That is the BEST website for scores. They have season summary, head-to-head and a bunch of different options. I don't have time to look at the head-to-head between Troopers and those they have seen this year, but maybe you should check it out. Very cool site, and if the spreads between them and their competitors haven't changed much then it may put your mind at ease.

Edited by henry7184

I essentially threw out the entire first week for the various corps I listed above. I started on June 29th and ended on the July 11th and did a random selection of corps from the top, the middle and bottom. The Troopers' show has been flat for two weeks. Their show has improved by a half of a point in two weeks.

Let me repeat: in TWO weeks their score has not improved. Can you explain to me how that is when every other corps I checked has had significant changes in two weeks.

P.S. Don't tell me not to worry. It's what I do and I'm very good at it.

• Like 3