I'm %$%&@! Unhappy

Am I the only one who is steamed!?

Hey judges, quit being fopdoodles and realize that when you stagnate a corps scores it's extremely discouraging to their staff and members!

Okay. I'm off to bed and promise to be in a better mood in the morning.

if we could actually see recaps, it may explain everything

This may be the funniest post I have read in many years on Drum Corps Planet.

Scores are manipulated to please the marketeers of DCI? Did you march in a corps from Roswell, New Mexico?

I think the scores are pretty meaningless as they are being manipulated by DCI much as professional wrestling manipulates their audience for revenue generating storylines. The numbers and the boxes are meaningless now; it’s all about slotting the corps and backing the scores in to please the marketers of DCI. The BK scores are laughable and insulting to other corps with full shows of actual content

Which isn’t really so bad if your beef with the scores is the want to motivate the ‘kids’

I’d prefer the numbers assigned based on the criterion set by the sheets without political biases and influences which means I’m following the wrong activity entirely

• Like 1

DCI and drum corps has always been political. Look how long it took for a Eastern corps to win a championship. DCI loves playing favorites. Perfect example is partial panels. Most corps could not afford the extra expense to pay for full panels so the few corps with the money get the advantage of getting great feedback opposed to the rest that get little or not great feedback until mid season. And we wonder why World Class Corps has shrunk to what 22-24 corps??

Me thinks the inflation/deflation was the other way around this year.

You must have toured Colorado a good bit.

DCI and drum corps has always been political. Look how long it took for a Eastern corps to win a championship. DCI loves playing favorites. Perfect example is partial panels. Most corps could not afford the extra expense to pay for full panels so the few corps with the money get the advantage of getting great feedback opposed to the rest that get little or not great feedback until mid season. And we wonder why World Class Corps has shrunk to what 22-24 corps??

and yet your photo is of a corps that was a medalist contender but was stricken from DCI for overage membership similar to other penalized Eastern corps like Crossmen and Bridgemen. Politics???

This may be the funniest post I have read in many years on Drum Corps Planet.

Scores are manipulated to please the marketeers of DCI? Did you march in a corps from Roswell, New Mexico?

I told someone else they must have toured Colorado a lot. But reading this post you must live there.

No recaps equals manipulated scores. Troopers or any other bubble corps knows this.

and yet your photo is of a corps that was a medalist contender but was stricken from DCI for overage membership similar to other penalized Eastern corps like Crossmen and Bridgemen. Politics???

Santa Clara 80 something.............busted

1989. They still won. I never believed they did anything wrong, the members had fake papers. SCV didn't know.

yes, of sorts, but not the same.

I, an Easterner, was restricting myself to Eastern corps because the poster seemed to imply that Eastern corps were victimized from winning DCI. I also did not include the Auburn (NY) Purple Lancers who were disqualified from finals standing after making it to the top 12...

If the poster had used 27th Lancers as someone who ever came so close but never won the ring, that would take the discussion in a different discussion.

I know Granny remembers all of this and would probably want us to get back to discussing her beloved Troopers.

And your point is what???