I'm %$%&@! Unhappy

Granny, as a Boston Crusaders supporter, I feel your pain with numbers, especially when I see Academy's scores and hear the DCP reviews. However, with some full panels, some partial panels, so called East Coast deflation, West Coast inflation, and the like, we'll just have to wait and see what San Antoinio brings. In the meantime, sit back, have a drink of whatever relaxes you, and watch the 1975, 79, 85, 86, or 2009 DVD performances.

Me thinks the inflation/deflation was the other way around this year.

• Like 1

Me thinks the inflation/deflation was the other way around this year.

If so, then its going to be BD threepeat.

I would have to agree with Granny, that the Troopers scores are surprisingly stuck at the moment, with barely a movement. But keep the faith, as the head to head matchups will be coming soon enough.

There are other corps that have scores that are stuck for no apparent reason. Maybe it is a new way to slot. HAHA

There are other corps that have scores that are stuck for no apparent reason. Maybe it is a new way to slot. HAHA

Does slotting happen in DCI?

Love you, Granny. Keep fighting the good fight.

Troopers have been performing in shows in the past week or so where they occupy a zone to themselves. There has been a good amount of blue sky above them each night, and the closest competitor of late has been Oregon Crusaders. So they've kind of been drifting down a lane all to themselves, earning what I believe has been proper placement at each show but without the number to go with it. The Casper show was Cascades, Oregon, Troopers and Cavaliers. At Denver, it was Oregon, then Troop, followed by Cavies, SCV, BD and BK. Much the same tonight: It's Colt Cadets, then Troopers, followed by SCV and BD and, inexplicably, Colts. And again on Wednesday: Oregon, Colts, Troopers, Cavaliers, SCV. Colts are certainly a force to reckon with, but Troop hasn't had a sniff of Academy or BAC yet, and hasn't seen Xmen or Stars since the first week of the season.

So, Troop is likely to keep drifting down its lane tonight and tomorrow. They have no contests Thursday or Friday, then get a decent performance spot on Saturday: Academy, then Colts, then Troop. But Crossmen and Boston won't be in MN, so the complete picture will remain hazy until San Antonio, I'm afraid. It's gotta be frustrating to the members, who unquestionably are improving yet without the numbers to show for it; but measured by spreads across different nights/shows/panels they remain firmly in the 11-14 orbit.

Whatever the cause, it's not the uniforms. I thought they were pretty radical myself, until I saw Bluecoats, Oregon, and Blue Knights. Troopers look positively regal by comparison. Whether you love them or hate them, you cannot dispute they make the corps look larger, they increase visual demand and they snap the forms into focus much more readily than their blue/gray combo of previous years. Anyway, performance trumps uniforms. The proof is in the Bluecoats, who are wearing pajamas and are in the hunt for the championship. They could wear burlap sacks and they'd be in the hunt.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman
  • Like 2

It'll be late in the season, but the Aug. 8 show at Erie, PA should be a knock-down drag-out affair for a number of corps. BAC, Crossmen, Troopers, Blue Stars, Oregon Crusaders, Mandarins, Jersey Surf & Pacific Crest. The night before in Rome, NY its SCV, Madison, Blue Stars, Cascades, Colts, SOA, Academy, and Troopers. Two big nights, especially in that 8-14 area.

Edited by HornTeacher

I just think it's too soon to worry. If you throw out the first score for them, you throw it out for everyone else and the result is still the same.

They have a great show. Maybe their best in years. Their overall improvement seems to be in line with most other groups, regardless of their number or whether or not you throw out the first show.

http://ascendperformingarts.org/scores/

That is the BEST website for scores. They have season summary, head-to-head and a bunch of different options. I don't have time to look at the head-to-head between Troopers and those they have seen this year, but maybe you should check it out. Very cool site, and if the spreads between them and their competitors haven't changed much then it may put your mind at ease.

Columbians over Pio and just a whisker below Surf. Wow, pretty awesome for the new kids on the block!

First things first: For those of you who are unfamiliar, my vice of choice is Gin. However, on a hot humid summer day, I will hike up my skirt, lounge in a lawn chair and drink an ice cold PBR. #PBRisDope (Not sure what that means, but my grandson said I should type that).

As I was browsing the Face Book I was reading a post by one of the staff members for the Troopers saying that the members are currently performing at the same level they were at Semi-finals last year. That's good news!

My fear is that the guys in green are "locking" corps into their respective slots even though everyone acknowledges that early season scoring is goofy.

I agree with Mr. 2muchcoffeeman about the uniforms. I personally felt a little queasy when I saw them for the first time. I still don't prefer them, but they seem to achieve the goal of making the corps look bigger. Also, as an aside I am grateful for the uniformity of the hats.

• Like 3