Where is DCI?

I may be kinda old fashion....I want to see kick ### fast movement. I don't want to hear stand tunes, I don't to see park and blow...leave the props for high schools. If I want a story I'll read a book or go to the theater. I like hearing music I have never heard before.

who ever came up with this concept, should be sent to Russia.

I may be kinda old fashion....I want to see kick ### fast movement. I don't want to hear stand tunes, I don't to see park and blow...leave the props for high schools. If I want a story I'll read a book or go to the theater. I like hearing music I have never heard before.

who ever came up with this concept, should be sent to Russia.

"Old Fashioned" doesn't connote age but I'm supposing that you've been watching for a while. Did you watch last year? Cadets? I think that was "kick-A$$" fast movement. I haven't seen park and blow on the drum corps field in decades. I kind of like drum corps BECAUSE it gives me a book, a story, the theater, AND great music all at once. Nearly all of the new music to which I've been introduced has been brought to me via drum corps.

I'm really having a hard time relating to your post, maybe because I'm old but not old-fashioned. You, too, could be new-fashioned if you'd give yourself the chance, IMO, and I think you'd have a lot more fun watching drum corps as a result.

as if dissecting marching band shows isn't petty and silly enough.jeez (oops) i mean, wow.

back on topic, i guess i just don't understand why anybody would put any mental energy towards contemporary DCI if they clearly don't like. i can kind of understand it from corps alums who only keep up with dci because of their former corps.

• Like 1

define "you"

How about "average member of a broad, statistically-relevant sampling of drum corps show-attending people"? I guess I was trying to imply non-fanatic show attendees.

• Like 1

Still waiting for the moderators to remove the offensive posts (e.g 326.) disparaging religious beliefs held sacred by Catholics.

Are they waiting for the front offices of the supposed sponsors of DCP to be contacted and reminded that the number of active posters now is less than the memberships of most corps or even Sound Sport units? Sponsors don't like negative publicity.

Or maybe waiting until real life stops long enough for one of us to punch in, do board maintenance, clean the ashtrays, and take the time to thoughtfully review the post reports and the discussion before rushing to hit the delete and/or account suspension button thingy....not that I'm bitter or anything....

removed the original post and subsequent collateral 'stuff' ONLY because it was off topic, I've been in San Antonio all week and NOT getting to see an awesome drum corps show, I have a headache and am a little #####y...

BTW, I'm Catholic - I get jokes. I laughed, then saved it to show my priest.

okay, I feel better now.....carry on.....

How about "average member of a broad, statistically-relevant sampling of drum corps show-attending people"? I guess I was trying to imply non-fanatic show attendees.

i think you run into problems when you try to say there's an undefined number of people out there stupid enough to pay to see something they don't like.

Or maybe waiting until real life stops long enough for one of us to punch in, do board maintenance, clean the ashtrays, and take the time to thoughtfully review the post reports and the discussion before rushing to hit the delete and/or account suspension button thingy....not that I'm bitter or anything....

removed the original post and subsequent collateral 'stuff' ONLY because it was off topic, I've been in San Antonio all week and NOT getting to see an awesome drum corps show, I have a headache and am a little #####y...

personally, i feel that you should develop an app that sends you 20-30 texts whenever you get a PM or reported post notification. maybe make it so it rings even when you have your phone set to silent? even better, maybe create an aperture that electrocutes you until you respond? like one of those collars for training dogs?

Edited by Lance

I LOVE you and this response. THANK YOU!

I was tempted to remove my post, but the complainer was so accusatory and, generally, nasty (KKK? Really?) in his PM attack that I decided to dump the decision on you. I've never blocked a poster before, even ones I've tangled with in PM. But I'm tempted...

Sorry you'll miss the show.

• Like 1

personally, i feel that you should develop an that sends you 20-30 texts whenever you get a PM or reported post notification. maybe make it so it rings even when you have your phone set to silent? even better, maybe create an aperture that electrocutes you until you respond? like one of those collars for training dogs?

Surely, there's an app for that!

How dare you go where we can't find you!

Edited by garfield