Warrensburg Wateringhole

Blue Stars show has some nice brass moments, but they're just that: moments. Not pieces. Really, you don't have to have a pit feature every minute...

Ahhhh, you figured it out. This is a show of smart design...designed to showcase the strengths of the corps; that being the battery and frontline.

In addition, the guard is stepping it up, again, and the brass is coming along in terms of quality, as well.

I agree with a previous post that this show is above and beyond 10th or 11th. If so earned and deserved, I'd put them in 7th; but, definitely, no lower than 9th.

• Like 1

i feel the same about just about every show of late.

but this is what DCI is becoming, whether we like it or not.

there's just enough focus on music for me to keep going right now. we'll see about the future.

I'm on the fence myself, honestly. Blue Stars, along with SCV and Cavies have my favorite visual programs of the year, but I am struggling with everyone (except SCV and BK) from a musical standpoint.

• Like 1

I think Bloo had some timing issues last night.

Stop that.

• Like 2

I agree with a previous post that this show is above and beyond 10th or 11th. If so earned and deserved, I'd put them in 7th; but, definitely, no lower than 9th.

I think 7-10 is going to be a dogfight between Blue Stars, BK, Regiment and Scouts. 10th isn't out of the realm of possibility for the Blue Stars. If I was predicting based on right now, I'd have it.

7. Blue Stars

8. Blue Knights

9. Regiment

10. Scouts

But, I counted the Scouts out at this time last year, and won't make that mistake again. They certainly surged at the right time last year. BK's show is also designed just as the judges like it. I feel Blue Stars and BK play better to the sheets, while Regiment and Scouts are struggling in that area, but we will see what happens in a few weeks.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 1

I love the fact that both BD and Bloo remembered that the horns can be played above the staff. First time in 2 years I can remember hearing actual high notes being played. That said, there's still too much dancing and percussion and not enough marching and playing. I know, I'm an old fart and they quit designing shows the way I like them years ago, but ######, I like keeping DCI and WGI as different activities!

Side note: BD used the trombones as a gimmick WAY too much. We know they have slides guys... you don't have to keep reminding us the entire first half of the show.

• Like 3

At stadium the water fountains do not work. No cold water in bathroom sinks to drink, just scalding hot. So lines for water are so long you have to miss corps. Buildings across street are locked and have signs to "use stadium". REALLY SUCKS. I'm so thirsty.