Warrensburg Wateringhole

Same lead visual guy as this year

Yes and no. He's not writing the drill like he did that year, though I suspect he's cleaning this year's up. MUST do something visually during the drum break.

But the GE that year wasn't just visual.

I think PR has more cleaning to do than some of the other top corps, almost seems like the tempos are a bit too quick for the time being, but I look forward to seeing them in August!

A classic guard ripple and toss move the guard used to do up the 50 in the 70s. It was done in a file formation at the same time a popular TV show, the Rockford Files, was airing.

Classic file from 1978 when spinning was spinning! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5OyXJ2UG8o

My cat did NOT like the bird call effect. He's looking all over the room for that bird.

• Like 3

Yes and no. He's not writing the drill like he did that year, though I suspect he's cleaning this year's up. MUST do something visually during the drum break.

But the GE that year wasn't just visual.

No but the crab step wedge move didn't HURT lol
  • Like 1

My cat did NOT like the bird call effect. He's looking all over the room for that bird.

Well your fault for owning a cat. Lol

• Like 1

The mule painted on the 50 compliments Crown's show nicely.

Nothing to understand. No story. It's a celebration of 60 years. That's it. Just fun music, drill, color, and majestic Phantom-style performance. They're not trying to be Cadets, Cavaliers, BD, Bloo, Madison, or anyone else. Just Phantom. Personally I love it regardless of placement. Not every show I like has to be understood on some deep level nor does it have to be demanding or futuristic and innovative. Sometimes just marching and playing and looking proud is good for me. I had goosebumps when I saw them live.

I can promise you that come finals, and even before, Phantom will put people in a happy place when they see them, no matter where they place. They are entertaining and majestic. :)

Thank you!