Warrensburg Wateringhole

The big Cadets glissando at the end of the opener is so distracting and out of place to me. Maybe it's because I was sitting right in front of them in Lakeland, but that's all I hear now.

It's 10:41 pm on a weeknight and I need me some scores #imold

Cadets guard seems so much better than last year. I still can't tell if it's performance or the book that makes the difference. This guard seems to really love what they're doing while last years guard seemed skittish about it.

Agree. Much improved and still much to do.

• Like 1

Well ... they certainly play well. But this is what happens, I'm afraid, when a concept is not fully fleshed out in the planning stage. So much obvious chopping has gone on -- no 'long arc' to any idea. Started OK, goes off the rails from a cohesive design standpoint as it goes.

This is the drum corps equivalent of 'Apocalypse Now'. Coppola was halfway through filming that without knowing how it was going to end either..

(Though he did end up making a great movie out of it!)

Okay, reworked predictions:

1) Crown

2) BD +.15

3)Bluecoats +.6

4)SCV +1.2

5)Cadets +.8

6)Cavaliers +1.0

7)Blue Stars +1.1

8)Phantom Regiment +0.2

Sounded like a somewhat tepid crowd reaction for the Cadets

It's the style show they are doing. Fast, dark, complex, I thought they were fabulous tonight. Really a solid show, but it just doesn't have the emotional "grab you" that Crown and Bluecoats have. Boy they have some major content though. Big time demand in that show.

• Like 1