Blazing hot Houston

I've been to this show a couple of times at the Berry Center and once in 2005 when it was still at Rice University. The High School complex is a much better venue. It's an hour away from me so I stopped going when it became a TOC show. I used to make the trek to SA every year but even that has gone by the wayside. Just losing interest I guess. Stay hydrated folks - it's freaking hot and humid in Houston right now.

Agreed, it is extremely hot this week.

Funny thing is I am pretty close to the stadium, but because of traffic it takes me about a hour to get there. Gotta blame the traffic on 1960

• Like 1

Agreed, it is extremely hot this week.

Funny thing is I am pretty close to the stadium, but because of traffic it takes me about a hour to get there. Gotta blame the traffic on 1960

I live in Clear Lake so it's like going to another city to get there for me.

Ouch, I'm in Spring. Geez, that can really be a bad drive on a Friday at rush hour.

Get this. I used to live in Spring - Gosling Rd and FM2920 area. Drove every day to work at Boeing in Clear Lake. That my friend was three years of stress.

Finally bought a beautiful house in Clear Lake and the govt contract I worked on got moved to So Cal. Had to find another job. Now I work at Marathon Petroleum on the coast. So now have a 30 minute commute.

Get this. I used to live in Spring - Gosling Rd and FM2920 area. Drove every day to work at Boeing in Clear Lake. That my friend was three years of stress.

Finally bought a beautiful house in Clear Lake and the govt contract I worked on got moved to So Cal. Had to find another job. Now I work at Marathon Petroleum on the coast. So now have a 30 minute commute.

On L.I., a 30 minute commute is considered down the block on a land mass only 17 miles at it's widest (113 miles long) but holding 4 million neighbors.

• Like 2

No kidding? My dad was a steel salesmen before he was laid off about a year and a half ago. I think he may have sold some steel to Boeing at some point. He had wide variety of customers. From planes, oil companies, and even the military.

I am basically by Stubnier Airline. Thankfully U of H has a joint campus by 249 so I don't have to travel far for school. But getting to this show is going to fun today.

Edited by Hook'emCavies
  • Like 1