Dark Horse

Vanguard has their best program since 2012. They are my dark horse pick..... possibly passing Cadets or Crown.

And I think this will finally be the year for The Academy to make their long awaited entry into the top 12.

• Like 2

When we talk about a "dark horse" in DCI, you pretty much have to be talking about a corps moving up no more than 2 spots from where they currently are. Rankings just don't change that much in this activity.

So then the question becomes who do you think will be able to move up a spot or two? Or, who will be able to overcome at least a 1 point gap over the group immediately ahead of them?

I'm still going with BK over Cavs and BStars over Phantom.

Also perhaps Oregon will jump 1 spot.

• Like 1

When we talk about a "dark horse" in DCI, you pretty much have to be talking about a corps moving up no more than 2 spots from where they currently are. Rankings just don't change that much in this activity.

So then the question becomes who do you think will be able to move up a spot or two? Or, who will be able to overcome at least a 1 point gap over the group immediately ahead of them?

I'm still going with BK over Cavs and BStars over Phantom.

Also perhaps Oregon will jump 1 spot.

Based on last night, Blue Knights look like their ready to pass Phantom and soon, Cavaliers.

• Like 1

Based on last night, Blue Knights look like their ready to pass Phantom and soon, Cavaliers.

BK passed these 2 Corps last season, however.

I don't see any DCI Corps moving up more than 2 spots from last season, when all is said and done. If we are looking at who has the best chance at the moment however, I'd say the Blue Stars. In my view they are currently underscored, and their show has the show design to really take off. But 8th might be a stretch for even them. But... who knows, we'll see.

I don't see any DCI Corps moving up more than 2 spots from last season, when all is said and done. If we are looking at who has the best chance at the moment however, I'd say the Blue Stars. In my view they are currently underscored, and their show has the show design to really take off. But 8th might be a stretch for even them. But... who knows, we'll see.

If The Academy makes finals it would be at least up 3 spots as they were 15th last year.

At this point in the season I would say that the Cadets are the dark horse.

In the G8 show (otherwise known as Tour of Champions) in DeKalb theirs was the only show that prompted "Holy Expletives" when it was finished. Having said that, the birthday cake that sits prominently on the field It is garish and gaudy. Also, the the visual is too monochromatic for my liking. It's like eating a spoonful of flour.

Overall I love the show and if they can clean it up it's gonna make a run.

Lol...,another DCPer who braids the hair on their rear end.

I have no idea what this means, but it makes me chuckle.

lol

Well, since this is a thread about dark horses, I think it means this:

1725023b6229b25cff92f9adb3296277.jpg

• Like 1

At this point in the season I would say that the Cadets are the dark horse.

In the G8 show (otherwise known as Tour of Champions) in DeKalb theirs was the only show that prompted "Holy Expletives" when it was finished. Having said that, the birthday cake that sits prominently on the field It is garish and gaudy. Also, the the visual is too monochromatic for my liking. It's like eating a spoonful of flour.

Overall I love the show and if they can clean it up it's gonna make a run.

They have the most to grow and yes they're adding/added new flags for color.