Dark Horse

If The Academy makes finals it would be at least up 3 spots as they were 15th last year.

True. But I don't see Academy making finals( although I realize I'm in the minority here on DCP with this.).

I usually don't post very often, but I just decided to add my 2 cents worth. There is still several weeks to go before finals and I am predicting that Cavaliers will stay in the top 6. Their show is extremely demanding and they will get points for that, especially if they can perform it at a top 6 level. I also believe Academy will make it into finals. Their show is definitely a crowd pleaser.

I believe the top 3 will include: Crown, BD, and Bluecoats.

4-6 will probably include: SCV, Cadets, and Cavaliers.

7-9 will be BK, PR, and Blue Stars

10-12 might be Crossmen, Madison, and Academy

I think Troopers, and BAC will both miss finals. It's too bad that only 12 make finals, especially with the quality of corps this summer.

One last thing, if Cavaliers can get their sound problems (minor) corrected on a consistant basis and really clean their program, they could move up to 5th. The "what" and "how" of their program makes them very competitive. This might move them up a spot or two. There is still enough time for several corps to make the needed adjustments to move up in rankings.

I usually don't post very often, but I just decided to add my 2 cents worth. There is still several weeks to go before finals and I am predicting that Cavaliers will stay in the top 6. Their show is extremely demanding and they will get points for that, especially if they can perform it at a top 6 level. I also believe Academy will make it into finals. Their show is definitely a crowd pleaser.

I believe the top 3 will include: Crown, BD, and Bluecoats.

4-6 will probably include: SCV, Cadets, and Cavaliers.

7-9 will be BK, PR, and Blue Stars

10-12 might be Crossmen, Madison, and Academy

I think Troopers, and BAC will both miss finals. It's too bad that only 12 make finals, especially with the quality of corps this summer.

One last thing, if Cavaliers can get their sound problems (minor) corrected on a consistant basis and really clean their program, they could move up to 5th. The "what" and "how" of their program makes them very competitive. This might move them up a spot or two. There is still enough time for several corps to make the needed adjustments to move up in rankings.

Agree that could happen. If not, I hope the Cavaliers can build on the momentum of this year going forward.

Honestly, a dark horse to win the title is the cadets. A lot of people are already counting them out and they were only about two points away from Coats and Crown. I know realistically they won't catch them but if we are talking dark horse, Cadets could still pull an upset come finals, when they plan to peak

Honestly, a dark horse to win the title is the cadets. A lot of people are already counting them out and they were only about two points away from Coats and Crown. I know realistically they won't catch them but if we are talking dark horse, Cadets could still pull an upset come finals, when they plan to peak

I feel they are going to have to continue to flesh out more GE. They play and move well- but the visual part of the show is what is lacking. Nothing jumps out at you.

• Like 1

If we are talking dark horse to win it all, for me, it's SCV. I know they have a huge hill to climb, but depending on what they add and clean relative to other corps in the top 5 or 6, who knows?

BLooooooo, BD, and Crown are at this point heavy favorites to medal, but I could see SCV making a run at the whole shebang, if not a possible medal.

Edited by ajlemm
  • Like 1

I don't either. There show is too easy relative to their competition.

Academy staff gave their Corps a wonderful vehicle this season, imo... one that MM's can handle, and its such a fun show. Love the closer, with the solo of " Unchained Melody ". But if there is an achilles heel that might.... might.... catch up to them come Championships, it just might be the limited demand in the show, especially the brass arrangements for 3/4 of their show. But make no mistake, they are right there at the moment for a legit chance of making finals.

I don't either. There show is too easy relative to their competition (Sorry Mate, The Academy is very good at making it look Easy!)