San Antonio Showdown

Boston and Academy go head 3 times over the next week. San Antonio ( tomorrow ), Wed. in Arkansas, and next Saturday in Atlanta. Then again in Quarters, Semi finals in Indy. By Championships, nobody remembers what the draws were for all these Corps at the first regional each year. Thats because by DCI Championships, the draws really don't mean a hill of beans, if it was a good draw or a bad draw. Off the top of my head, I couldn't tell you ( for one example ), if the Troopers got a " good draw " or a " bad draw " for this San Antonio, 1st regional last season... nor any other Corps for that matter. But I do know who finished where.

So Little Rock is the only non-Regional in which Academy and Boston go head-to-head, huh? I'd feel a lot better about Academy's changes at that show if it weren't for INT stepping off in between.

So Little Rock is the only non-Regional in which Academy and Boston go head-to-head, huh?

Yes. But for perspective, lots of DCI Corps do not go head to head vs. one another until the Quarterfinals at Championships. On the other hand, some DCI Corps travel in packs, and go head to head with one another more in a month, than other Corps will go head to head with one another in 5 years. Its a goofy schedule system all around, I 'll agree with this, anyway.

Blue Knights put on great clinics today at TBA. (Texas Bandmasters Association Convention) Music clinic performed to a packed Lila Cockrell Theater this morning. Great performance. Only can help that it's Student Day at the convention and they got to see things up close. Great for marketing and recruiting

• Like 3

Yes. But for perspective, lots of DCI Corps do not go head to head vs. one another until the Quarterfinals at Championships. On the other hand, some DCI Corps travel in packs, and go head to head with one another more in a month, than other Corps will go head to head with one another in 5 years. Its a goofy schedule system all around,

Amen. Limits of corps' origins, financing for individual corps tours, school schedules, and the cementing of major shows in the same place every year has restricted the activity to the cycle we have today.Housing and the availability of the domes so that shows are not washed out restrict the Regionals, but do they have to be in the South every year? Leaving championships in Indy (again) and the path to championships has gotten so rote that true competition is dwarfed.

I'm hoping that the 2 day meltdown of Southwest Airlines computer system causing many flights to be cancelled doesn't destroy the plans of too many DCI fans coming to San Antonio where the airline is a major player.

Boston and Academy go head 3 times over the next week. San Antonio ( tomorrow ), Wed. in Arkansas, and next Saturday in Atlanta. Then again in Quarters, Semi finals in Indy. By Championships, nobody remembers what the draws were for all these Corps at the first regional each year. Thats because by DCI Championships, the draws really don't mean a hill of beans, if it was a good draw or a bad draw. Off the top of my head, I couldn't tell you ( for one example ), if the Troopers got a " good draw " or a " bad draw " for this San Antonio, 1st regional last season... nor any other Corps for that matter. But I do know who finished where.

Those shows don't count for Prelims, only San Antonio, Atlanta, and Allentown count. If Academy can't take 12th tomorrow then it's going to be difficult to go on in 12th on Thursday in Indy. They can still be the favorites for the last spot in Finals but if things are close going into Indy then every little bit helps. (#BACgate)

Edited by Pinwiz

So why is not the only undefeated corps going on last?

I'm just going to leave this here...

1 Bluecoats 86.150

2 Carolina Crown 85.750

3 Blue Devils 85.650

4 Santa Clara Vanguard 83.050

5 The Cadets 82.100

6 The Cavaliers 81.350

7 Phantom Regiment 78.900

8 Crossmen 76.900

• Like 7

no corps is undefeated anymore. With a full panel I expect the top three to be

Blue Devils