San Antonio Showdown

Pssst -- where are the REAL recaps? Mugsy sent me.

I still think Crown is going to win, idk...I just keep waiting for the bluecoats to go away lol but they keep on coming, props to the staff and members for putting on a great show. As much as their show doesn't connect with me, I have to admit they have been proving me wrong all season. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Bluecoats won this year..but I'm rooting for Crown!

• Like 2

For those that care about groups outside the top 5 Stars only .6 from BK and 1 pt from PR. Also Academy with a big statement for their push to finals.

I swear I don't care about scores - I'm just happy that Blue Stars have such a great show. But I'm happy for my son. Crowd appreciation is great and he loves that but scores really butter their toast (so to speak). FCO Stars. Keep at it!

And Academy, wow - I'm really cheering for those guys in Indy. I love that show.

• Like 7

Drum corps is dying

It is in the northeast.

If Boston does not make Finals, it will be the 1st time that no Corps from New England, NY or NJ has made the Top 12. Not only in DCI history ( DCI inception of 1972), but also in recorded Junior Corps Drum Corps history. ( VFW, American Legion, World Open, CYO Nationals, etc ). Most years, this section of the Country would have between 2-5 in the Top 12 in the country. Even the Cadets ( that moved from NJ ) are having an off year as well. New England, NY, NJ was once chock full of great top echelon Junior Corps. But its dying out. Drum Corps can not long survive without a northeast in play. For just one example, DCI will never get back on TV ever again, if it becomes just a regional activity, with the loss of the heavily populated Northeast for interest and exposure at its Finals Championships. It will become like the sport of rodeo. Popular in Texas, and on TV regionally, but with little to no interest at all in New England, New York, New Jersey ( or Florida ) to generate sufficient interest from any networks to consider putting its Finals on TV ever again.

Edited by BRASSO

I swear I don't care about scores - I'm just happy that Blue Stars have such a great show. But I'm happy for my son. Crowd appreciation is great and he loves that but scores really butter their toast (so to speak). FCO Stars. Keep at it!

And Academy, wow - I'm really cheering for those guys in Indy. I love that show.

congrats to your son from a mid west boy

• Like 1

Congrats to all the corps!! I enjoyed this show as much as any, and I am in awe of the performers tonight. Outstanding.

Special congrats to Academy for making top 12, at least for tonight and hopefully for Finals. Congrats to Crossmen on such a high energy show and an amazing brass book and visual look. Congrats to Cavaliers who are now within striking distance of the Cadets. Congrats to Troopers brass who just played a fabulous book and sounded awesome tonight. Congrats to Phantom for always sounding so amazing! Congrats to SCV for having one of my favorite shows of the year. So classy and loaded with amazing drill.

To the top 3, you are all amazing!

SPECIAL congratulations to the Canton Bluecoats on your first regional win!!! This is the best Bluecoats show yet (althought TILT was flat out amazing as well). Keep it going and clean clean clean. I honestly feel that a clean Bluecoats come Finals will not be beaten. GE is simply off the charts good, and they do everything else amazingly well. Bravo!!! :)

• Like 5