San Antonio Showdown

Olympic Stadium, Montreal Capacity.....

But this is silly stuff to go back and forth about. You have convinced me, many more people watched drumcorps in 1982. It was a more engaged audience and DCI had more money than they knew what to do with. If they were smart, DCI would eliminate the shows in Texas next year and add tons of outdoor shows in New England (choose whichever definition of New England you prefer).

I think DCI is batting about .750 over the past couple of years, and the few misses were mostly out of their control (copyright issues) although some of their communication could have been better.

You think DCI did everything better in 1982. I think we are going to have to agree to disagree.

Regardless of attendance numbers, the corps are super talented, and young people appear to be having a great time...and that is something to be happy about.

Z

There was roughly 40,000 people in attendance that night. So, regardless if he got the numbers wrong or where he got them from have them wrong, it still wasn't sold out. So the number of seats really doesn't matter, now does it? What matters is how many ###' are sitting in those seats. Correct? Edited by UKSuperman
  • Like 1

Pennsylvania's southern border is on the Mason Dixon line. Does that make PA "Near-South"?

Southwest Florida in the winter is the" North", imo.... Miami, all year, is" South " America... Southwest Texas, is " northeast" Mexico. " Northern " Maine, is New Found Land.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

8th.

Wow, I would've figured better than that but- great quality this year

Olympic Stadium, Montreal Capacity.....

You'd think that the Olympic Stadium in Montreal's OWN website would know how many seats they have at capacity ( 56,000 ). Maybe you think you have a better source for this than the stadium does itself... who knows. But here are the " facts " from this stadiums own website, my friend :

http://parcolympique.qc.ca/en/the-park/olympic-stadium/

Besides, both the 40,000+ fans at Montreal's DCI Finals in 1980, and half this number at DCI Finals last year at Lucas, are far below each stadiums seating capacity, so neither stadium's seating capacity pulls the attendance up, nor down.

Edited by BRASSO

I think DCI is batting about .750 over the past couple of years, and the few misses were mostly out of their control (copyright issues) although some of their communication could have been better.

Z

Absolutely right IMO. Compared to, say, 2008 a lot of things are going well. DCI's finances are stronger. The G7 fight is in the past. Attendance is up. Shows are connecting more with the audience. The rise of Crown & Bluecoats has shaken things up competitively. Soundsport has been surprisingly successful at growing new OC units. Nobody seems to be in any hurry to bring in woodwinds.

This looks like my periodic eye exam that the eye doc has on his wall for me to read without my reading glasses.

Absolutely right IMO. Compared to, say, 2008 a lot of things are going well. DCI's finances are stronger. The G7 fight is in the past. Attendance is up. Shows are connecting more with the audience. The rise of Crown & Bluecoats has shaken things up competitively. Soundsport has been surprisingly successful at growing new OC units. Nobody seems to be in any hurry to bring in woodwinds.

Unless I've gone crazy, which some might say I have, SoundSport allows woodwinds...

Unless I've gone crazy, which some might say I have, SoundSport allows woodwinds...

DCI even allows.. on a select basis... woodwinds using units into their Quarterfinals at Championships as well. A woodwinds using unit topped a few non woodwinds using DCI units at Quarterfinals last August too.

Edited by BRASSO