San Antonio Showdown

Dang. Ate my Ribeye - had a bourbon and fell asleep during Bluestars again. I guess I'll try to stay awake for scores.

yeah this definitely true.

the more subtle it is, the harder it is to pull off.

brilliant, understated and nuanced brass book by klesch this year, and a very musical percussion section. combine that with the stellar guard, and wow.

• Like 1

Crown was fantastic tonight. But their actual ending can't come fast enough. I'm actually concerned about how much of the current ending has to be tossed.

Could not disagree more lol. I think the ending is perfect. The staff and arrangers got it right the first time out IMO :)

• Like 1

Crown was fantastic tonight. But their actual ending can't come fast enough. I'm actually concerned about how much of the current ending has to be tossed.

Ok- I was not sold on Crown's show til tonight!! My Lord, these 3 corps may be the best top 3 of all time! No lie- There's no weakness! Crown takes it tonight, and there's no way I thought Bloo could be bested! Crowd was on its feet before Crown finished! WOW

I am going to agree with you. the ending feels uncomfortable and for some reason it always has. they might be waiting for something at finals. they always have that in their back pocket.this comment was meant for bluesman

Edited by rrunyon1

Too ALL the Corps: Well done!!! You were amazing and we thank you!!! I hope everyone has a safe day off in San Antone tomorrow.

• Like 2

Coats win the night for me.

I think that's correct. Tonight I'd say Coats, BD, Crown then gap with SCV and Cadets... I'd put Academy in 11th with Scouts in 12th and Boston out. But that's only from the stream as I could not get down to the show this weekend. Wahhhh!

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

ok, yeah, there's no way that's Crown's real ending.

If there is a minor flaw right now with Crown, its the closer. While its terrific, it just needs something more if they want to put it over the top in hopes of winning it all, imo.... but still in all, this was a very strong performance tonite from Crown, I thought.

• Like 1

I am going to agree with you. the ending feels uncomfortable and for some reason it always has. they might be waiting for something at finals. they always have that in their back pocket.

They're changing the ending. That's obvious. This is just a place holder until around Atlanta or Allentown.