San Antonio Showdown

i started enjoying this place when i decided how stupid scores were. particularly GE.

maybe it's becasue as a teacher, i'm forced to use an ever-changing set of "approved" rubrics. it's ironic because in their attempt to make evaluation less subjective, all they do is divide the subjectivity into 4-5 separate categories. it's truly absurd.

• Like 1

How is Pennsylvania not in New England?

Huh ? You can't be serious. If you are, I feel sorry for you and sad for your former teachers for your not understanding fundamental, and essential US Geography at its most basic levels.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

last time I was in new england, a bunch of people in worcester mass kept making me say things like "car" and "water", and laughed at me mercilessly.

and then they took me bowling, and i was completely lost.

• Like 2

I don't think New York or New Joisey are part of "New England" either. Maybe 'Eastern Seaboard"? Or "That place where too many people are packed into too small a space".

Y'all do realize that "Bloooooooooo" phonetically spells out "Blow".

Only if one pronounces "boot" as "boat".

• Like 2

Nice to see Guardians edge out Louisiana Stars, which to me seemed like the right call based on tonight's performances, although I wouldn't rule out Stars pulling ahead by Michigan City.

Huh ? You can't be serious. If you are, I feel sorry for you and sad for your former teachers for your not understanding fundamental, and essential US Geography at its most basic levels.

I mean it makes sense for it to be apart of "New England"

In the past and in the future,

1) It was one the original 13 colonies i.e. NEW England

2) it is apart of the Northeastern megalopolis https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeast_megalopolis

It is tied inextricably to New England historically, geographically, and economically.

2) it is apart of the Northeastern megalopolis https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeast_megalopolis

It is tied inextricably to New England historically, geographically, and economically.

Not trying to be too much of a grammar nazi, but the difference between "apart" and "a part" really changes the meaning of what you're saying.

• Like 1

please read books.

also, tell people in virginia, nc, sc, and georgia they're part of new england because they were original American colonies. they'll learn ya.

• Like 3

A colleague from Germany came and watched the webcast with me and saw BD, Bloo, Crown, SCV, and Academy (in that order). She had never seen drum corps before in her life.

She didn't get BD at all, but could tell they were talented. She said Bloo had so much going on she couldn't follow any of it. She really got Crown, and even got chills from Hallelujah, though she thought the end of that piece was lacking.

After SCV, she turned to me and said, without prompting, "I liked them. They're different from the others. They're more... elegant. They have class. It really projects from them."

She really enjoyed Academy as well, especially Unchained Melody. She thought it was the easiest program of them all to understand, and it was her favorite.

Hopefully I can make a convert of her!

Edited by shofmon88
  • Like 4