San Antonio Showdown

I don't necessarily disagree with that. I think the Northeast needs a more focused tour, for one thing. Despite the easier driving distances, the three shows in and around Boston near July 4 are the only real concentration of shows in the NE. The later CYO show in Boston seems to be problematic logistically from a tour perspective.

There are no shows in southeastern NY (incl. Long Island), none in CT, VT or Maine, a single Open Class show in New Hampshire, and only 1 show in New Jersey. Admittedly, there are both a regular and a regional show in Allentown, and a TOC show in Chester, Pa. But as you say - presence is important, and often a result of appearance, and the northeast could be assisted by a better organized tour through the area.

And note, I'm not saying this because I personally want more shows to attend myself - I'm in central NJ, and I can get to Allentown & Chester as easy as anywhere else. But as long as there are ~30 million people in the NYC to Boston corridor, I agree with you Brasso that "presence" ... in one form or another ... should be a focus of DCI

Edit: I also think this is one area where YEA! does a good job, providing the primary competition organization in NJ (US Bands). Centralized organization of high school competitions, tied to DCI, is a great way to maintain that presence. I know US Bands extends beyond NJ, but I don't know if there are similar levels of penetration and coverage through the NE.

Good reply, imo.

Thanks for at least quoting me this time.

I don't trash anyone. I'll say if I don't like something, sure. But I don't just sling #### and watch it hit the wall.

I'll come back on and say everything I do like tonight just for you sweetie.

:flower:

I cringed

If anyone has the detailed recaps, pm me? <3

The last good junior show was at Hofstra run by the Sunrisers many many years ago.It featured Boston,@7th Lancers,,The Pacers,sorry don't rember the others but it had 6-7 corps and a packed stadium.l think it was in 66=or 67.

If anyone has the detailed recaps, pm me? <3

Same.

By the way, not sure if this was noted elsewhere, but record size crowd in San Antornio - over 14,000 in attendance. I've been to a number of contests this year and the stands are pretty darn full. Atlanta could be a record crowd. Indy should be a record. Attendance is up and DCI should be happy.

• Like 1

By the way, not sure if this was noted elsewhere, but record size crowd in San Antornio - over 14,000 in attendance. I've been to a number of contests this year and the stands are pretty darn full. Atlanta could be a record crowd. Indy should be a record. Attendance is up and DCI should be happy.

It was barely over 10,000 the last time I went.

• Like 1

OK lets move BK and Academy to the west. Now we have top 12 = 10 from the west and 2 from the east.

Or how about 10 from the West, 1 from the East, and 1 from the South.

Just trying to keep this nonsense going a little longer. :-)