San Antonio Showdown

DCI will have 4 DCI shows this summer in Iowa..... IOWA !

2 in New York.... none in New Jersey. (the only one in NJ that DCI scheduled , rained out too ) Nothing against Iowa here either... but this is no recommended model for substantive growth of fans, Corps, future TV exposure possibilities, etc.... no matter how some might try and spin this. ( haha!)

I'm confused by this statement. You do realize DCI is setting attendance records at every major stop on the tour. Record attendance at San Antonio, Atlanta, and Indy over the past 12 months. DCI is not having a problem attracting fans.

Z

I'm confused by this statement. You do realize DCI is setting attendance records at every major stop on the tour.

Z

No.. its not true. The CYO Nationals, DCI show, for just one example, had far more in attendance in the 60's, 70's ( DCI years ), than it has the last few years. Also, DCI had far more fans in attendance at Finals in Montreal in 1980, than it has recently. Even if we add in the off site attendance ( ie live stream " attendence ", cinema " attendance ) DCI had 5 times more " attendance " off site via national TV exposure alone, than does DCI today. I see no value in DCI spinning data this way.. What DCI CAN legitimately claim however, is that they have apparently stopped the hemoraging of the loss of show attendance, and it appears that the show attendance at the moment " is better than the last few years show attendence ". DCI can also claim better Texas show attendance too. Thats because not that long ago, there were NO DCI shows in San Antonio, nor in the entire state of Texas itself eitther. Do you know what the show attendance this year to watch the DCI Corps shows was for the single New Jersey DCI show ? ZERO. Even if we factor in that it was a rainout, the numbers of attendees at DCI shows in New Jersey, NY, is at an all time low... even by DCI years standards. DCI just doesn't have that many shows in NY/NJ anymore, thats why. Yes, DCI had more attendence in the state of Iowa this summer than ever before. Nebraska, South Dakota, Idaho too. I'll grant you that as well.

Edited by BRASSO

it just feels like an off year for the Devils. Sorry but this show is loud yet tiny. it is not of the standard of the former decade. I don't like it. I haven't liked them for some time but this is just not done well at all. The almost perfect score was bound to have a let down and this year is the year. And please remove the trombones. They are not DCI instruments and when I say this I mean it to every corps. This year the Devils exhaust me. I just don't understand their show and what they are trying to do. This is a solid 5th, IMO.

Did you have anything positive at all to say about any corps yesterday? I just went through this whole thread because I was busy yesterday and literally have yet to see you say "hey, that show was pretty good"

• Like 3

No.. its not true. The CYO, DCI show, for just one example, had far more in attendance before the birth of DCI, than it has the last few years. Also, DCI had far more fans in attendance at Finals in Montreal in 1980, than it has recently. Even if we add in the off site attendance ( ie live stream " attendence ", cinema " attendance ) DCI had 5 times more " attendence " off site via national TV exposure alone, than does DCI today. I see no value in falsifying data. What DCI CAN say however, is that they have apprently stopped the hemmoraging of the loss of attendance, and it appears that the attendence at the moment " is better than the last few years attendence ". DCI can alao claim better Texas attendence too. Thats because not that long ago, there were NO DCI shows in San Antonio, nor in the entire state of Texas itself eitther. Do you know what the show attendence this year was for the New Jersey DCI shows ? ZERO. Even if we factor in that it was a rainout, the numbers of attendees at DCI shows in New Jersey, is at an all time low... even by DCI years standards. DCI just doesn't have that many shows in NY/NJ anymore.

People seem to fall into one of 3 categories...

1. DCI is dying

2. DCI is fine

3. DCI is growing

It is apparent what category you are in and what category I am in. I've spent the past 22 years either on tour or attending many shows. Its harder to get a ticket to a major show today than it was 5-10 years ago. All I know is I wanted to get 2 tickets to finals in July last year and the only seats were in the end zone. DCI will never have as many folks attending finals as Montreal...Olympic Stadium simply has more seating capacity than Lucas Oil Stadium.

Z

Crown has the best hornline in DCI ever year. By far.

Objectively? Apparently not.

Subjectively? Depends on your taste

Just remember who won this show last year and how it ended before people start calling championships which is like 3 weeks away.

Unless BD is down by more than .5 at semis, I'm not worried :smile:

I'm gonna enjoy the ride of this season